Air travel safer?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sven_ya!

From the land of sky-blue wa-AH-ters!
Nov 7, 2001
Minneapolis, MN
www.planetquake.com
Originally posted by JTRipper
On the other hand.... most accidents happen withing a mile of the home. It's pretty unlikely that your flight will crash withing a mile of your house, so I guess flying must be pretty safe.

"I read somewhere that most accidends happen within a mile of your house. So I moved."

-Stephen Wright

GoldenMouse

Mad Hatter
Nov 14, 2001
Backwoods Ohio
Visit site
Originally posted by QUALTHWAR

I have no freakin’ idea what you’re talking about.

What I'm saying is that you can make statistics sound like anything you want them to. Just leave out an important detail, like with the death statistics on cars and planes. Based on miles, plane is safer. Based on trips, car is safer. They didn't say WHAT it was based on, just that plane was safer.

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
Kent Brockman : "Homer, how do you respond to allegations that while vandelism is down 60%, brutal sack beatings are up a massive 900%??"
Homer : "Oh Kent, people can make up statistics to prove anything. 47% of people know that"

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
well, the thing is that if you cash with a plane you will be defianitly dead. in a car you can have luck...