Aida - Bítch or Lady?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kail

mapper, designer and unreal fan
Feb 3, 2001
Sweden
Visit site
I was referring psychological skills, not physical looks. I thought I made that clear in my post.

BTW, 7-of-9 is not much of leader anyway. Hey, do Borgs even have leaders? Aren't they all just followers of the collective.

Ðork

Dork online, since '99
Jun 19, 2001
Switzerland
Tet,

Men won't be any different in the 25th century than now. Exactly because Aida is intelligent, she will use her appearance to get what she wants (technical assistance you pervs ;) ).

Her posture and attitude are what will separate her from a ho (or not). I rely on Legend to get that right.

Kail

mapper, designer and unreal fan
Feb 3, 2001
Sweden
Visit site
Yeah, I also think Aki Ross was a great character. But Aki isn't a leader, she's a person who chooses her own paths but she doesn't lead others, and that's different. Well, I don't know enough about Aida to be able to fairly compare and analyze the two characters so I'm just guessing and making assumptions now.
Anyway. the CGI-design was also superb. I was amazed in the scenes where the animators showed their skills at depicting human ways of communication. Her facial muscular movement was extremely convincingly done.
The mocap animation we've seen from the U2 tech movies does beat the body animation in the Final Fantasy movie but the facial animation in FF was definitely a work of art and skill.

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
Originally posted by Ðork
Tet,

Men won't be any different in the 25th century than now. Exactly because Aida is intelligent, she will use her appearance to get what she wants (technical assistance you pervs ;) ).

Her posture and attitude are what will separate her from a ho (or not). I rely on Legend to get that right.

exactly... just because someone dresses or looks a certain way doesnt mean anything... its thier words and actions, not thier lipstick or choice of shoes that make the diff :up:

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
I work as a mechanical engineer, i.e. in a mens world. We have few women in the technical staff around here, but those few are all very strong personalities, very intelligent and know exactly what they want. The type that you would want as your intel officer. Some of them are very good lookin' too. But ... strange ... none of them dresses like Aida. Why is that? :hmm:

lceman

Overclocked
Oct 28, 2001
Birmingham, England
Visit site
Originally posted by Kail
Yeah, I also think Aki Ross was a great character. But Aki isn't a leader, she's a person who chooses her own paths but she doesn't lead others, and that's different.
Aida isn't a leader either. She's an intelligence officer, you're the Sheriff. :)

Ðork

Dork online, since '99
Jun 19, 2001
Switzerland
Originally posted by Tetris L
I work as a mechanical engineer, i.e. in a mens world. We have few women in the technical staff around here, but those few are all very strong personalities, very intelligent and know exactly what they want. The type that you would want as your intel officer. Some of them are very good lookin' too. But ... strange ... none of them dresses like Aida. Why is that? :hmm:
How about ... :

they're in an environment where they don't need things that they are theoretically not allowed to get (intelligence, assistance, big-time protection). Don't forget Aida is a spook. At first sight she's probably not liked by anyone (other than for her appearance). And then she requests "favors" which guys have to break the law to give (secrets etc. again, you pervs ;). It's gonna need a lot of leverage to even get in a situation where she can impress with her strong personality and intelligence.

Just an idea.

little red rooster

The Rooster is on the Prowl
Oct 14, 2001
barnyard
Visit site
I think aida is perfect. She is sexy and she looks like she could kick your ars if you mess with her. If anybody could gather intelligence it would be her. She could get information out of anybody. All she would have to do is wink at me and would tell her everything.

I haven't change my sig to fall within the guide lines yet but I will use it here one last time just because it fits the thread.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I wasn't overreacting, to be honest...I was pretty calm at that moment.

Look people.
Aida is here so the game will sell many, many copies. Cause the main group of players are male.
It's that simple.

:OV

ravenus

The Heretic
Oct 7, 2000
India
Visit site
Aida is here so the game will sell many, many copies. Cause the main group of players are male

Which doesn't mean that we do not get tired of busty female stereotypes that remind us of a whole lot of bad games that tried to sell on that premise. Besides both my hands are gonna be busy on Keyboard + mouse so what's the point?

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
LOL ravenous :D

This thread doesn't really need my input, but what the hell.......I would tend to agree with Tetris-L that computer games need some more female characters that intrigue in other ways than their gazongas. The example of Trinity is a really good one; she's an absolutely fascinating (and sexy!) character without ever having to show cleavage. To be frank I find that mysterious female characters are a hell of a lot more captivating than the Lara Croft clones. And yes, I think Aida fits that classification quite nicely.

But Neo's also right. It's a large-scale game catered to sell to a very big audience and let's face it; your average American youth just wants to see T&A. So it's kinda a foregone conclusion. I bet nobody here minds the nekkid devilgirl pictures in DM-agony and DM-tutorial, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.