After UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
I must be the wrong guy to ask. I'm hooked hard on UT2004 right now. I play it practically daily. But then I have so many mods and maps to play, I can play it a different way every time.

Last edited by a moderator:

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
It seems so few read the post thoroughly.
Raynor and Grins especially, glad you were awake.

No one has commented on the fact that this is a single post from a new profile, and you may well never see another post from our quiet guest.
...hmmmm (I smell something)

This is an Unreal forum, yet so few of you leap to it's defence with your suggestion of the latest essential Unreal addon that makes life not worth living without.

THERE IS NO LIFE AFTER THE TOURNAMENT !
Are you insane?
The only way out is in a body-bag, or why are you even here? ;)

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
This is an Unreal forum, yet so few of you leap to it's defence with your suggestion of the latest essential Unreal addon that makes life not worth living without.

UT2004: Ballistic Weapons 2.5. If you have UT2004, and not this mod, your game is incomplete.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
I've given up on Epic. The last thing they produced that I liked was UT2K4, and I like it less than good ol' UT.

I also have no patients for anything multiplayer. Too many cheater, grifers, and 14 year olds who play/practice 16 hours a day.

Now days I'm all about GTA, Fallout 3, Skyrim, etc...

I wish Bethesda would pull their heads out of their butts, hire a couple competent PS3 coders and finish Dawngard for the PS3... oh... and Fallout 4.

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
I don't see how Gamebryo-powered trainwrecks can replace "mmmmonster kill".

The twitch FPS has a stigma attached in being prehistoric and not having the popular spoiled low-fov killstreak aimingdownthesightedness the current scene now throws their mom's wallet at. This has been like this for awhile since 2004 when Painkiller's MP was highly looked down upon because it "played like Quake".

Last edited:

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
Unreal is what you make it.
There is no other game that lets you totally make your own play-ground, to your own rules.
If you don't like something, you have the tools and the opportunity to change it, or make it (for free).

Hell yeah Nemephosis, I have RuneStorm's most excellent weapons and vehicles.
I must say though, I most like the combination of their Junk War and gore mutators with ChaosUT melee and zombies and dinosaurs. It is that flexibility and creativity of community that makes Unreal "GODLIKE !"

I think of all the UT games as different beasts. Especially when I am in UEd.
There are similarities in maps and mods, but a huge catalogue of varied Multiplayer, SP, CoOp, Horror, experimental and even the insane HamsterBash, and very tasty looking Food Fight ;)
The soon to be realised Nali Weapons 3 pack is making me so exited, I can't bare it.

Anyone wanting to remind themselves why Unreal games will always be standing on the biggest pile of skulls, can read this page http://my.opera.com/Unreal-Tournament/blog/ut2004
Anything wild and outstanding you feel is missing can be asked for as a comment at the bottom, and the same for any page.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
I've been checking out this mod, and came up with this guy's impression:

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOB7YGgREFg[/m]

Looks intense. An immense world you get to explore. The zombies go down quickly, but like you said before they're hardly the biggest threat.

Pretty much. After you acquire some basic weaponry the Zeds become a manageable (yet constantly annoying) threat at best. The players are definitely where you need to be careful.

Unfortunately, as the game has become popular it has devolved into "CoD plus zombies" (guess where that part of the community came from.) There is no longer any tense cooperation or even communication between players once you get in-game; now, everyone just uses teamspeak and people shoot on sight and ask questions later. Sadly, this has removed much of the charm the game had for me in the early days; it was quite an amazing feeling to randomly bump into another survivor, not knowing who he was, and forming a very loose alliance (which usually only lasted until I became hungry enough, or got a better gun than his, or vice-versa with any variations in between.) This is why you want to play with a regular group now. You're welcome to play with mine :D

Actually, PvP isn't really my thing. My favorite part of the game is looting gear and setting up camp and such. And flying choppers. I am really good at that.

This guy says that average lifespan for your character is about 4 hours. Any idea how many avatars you've gone true?

I have died unintentionally within a minute of spawning and I have had one 'guy' survive for 12 days before he finally went down. I'd guess I've respawned at least 500 times. Probably closer to 1000.

Man DayZ is awesome, we need a thread.

Yep.

As a Arma im pleased that it finally is getting the attention it deserves. Hopefully plenty of people of it will stick around and play normal arma too.

ArmA II isn't a bad game, but as DayZ has proved, the engine is absolute crap for this kind of game. Unfortunately this weighs the original game down in my opinion, and aside from helicopter training to brush up my skills I never launch ArmA. I'm not really into mil-sims anyways; I'm just here for the zombies. I really wish that DayZ standalone (due out later this year or early next year) would be built on a totally different engine (as it would undoubtedly be a much better game in the end) but Rocket is very adamant on using ArmA Tech 3 since he works for Bohemia.

Yes; I was going to look at this game..... but I don't have Arma 2. I am so interested that I am considering getting Arma 2 so I can launch this mod.

Just do it; even with the bugs, hackers, and overall degeneration of the in-game community due to massive popularity, the game is still totally worth the $30 cost of entry. Just remember that you need ArmA II: Combined Ops. It's even on sale over at GoG right now. The Steam version is supposedly better to run DayZ, though.

Wish granted.

Where? I checked OT and the Games forum, didn't see anything.

Last edited: