Addon Idea - No jail switch releases......

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
That all sounds good.
I'm not sure what we'd need individual bot control for, but I am sure the community will think of something ... :D

Any idea how to check for arrival of new players -- I need to restore switch blocking if a player is no longer last man.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Here's an alpha.

Now remember, 'alpha' is latin for 'doesn't work'.

So far, here's what doesn't work:

* there's no bot support
* if a player joins during a Last Man period, that's not taken into account and the switch is still available
* if BOTH teams are down to a last man, then both switches are available. I'm not sure about this behaviour
* the switch still looks blocked, even when it's not
* I've hacked _Lynx's switch blocker. This addon will need its own visual effects -- ideas & help welcome!
* there are no messages

Can anyone arrange a server for us to try this on, so we can see what we think of the gameplay?

Attachments

• JBAddonProvingGround.zip
    9.1 KB · Views: 5

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
tarquin said:
This addon will need its own visual effects -- ideas & help welcome!
Are emmiters coded within UED easily transferably straight to code form? looking the same and stuff? If so I can work on a nice one.

4WD, any chance of getting this on your server?

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Just gave it a run, seems to work pretty well.
4WD has a nice list of bugs, one being when releasing as last man you can stay stood on the switch and continue releasing whilst being invunreble, One way to solve this could be making this a kill volume, or even better one that turns you into a llama if you try it.

4WD

globle
Sep 6, 2004
belgium
okai, after some offlinetesting:
-sometimes the "last enemy player" tries to release his teammates, but the lock opens the wrong jail (?) resulting in him being still the last one, and my team being freed :D
-doublejump on the locks blocking volume, and sometimes i manage to trigger the release with this.
-as you stated, bots are still dumb, maybe there's a thing to set their AI to tdm and switch it to jb when one bot is the last one ?
-but the best one: when you are the last one, and you release your team, just camp on the lock (crouched), and you'll be protected by the blocking volume when it comes back, meaning you release your teammate as soon as he gets jailed, and the enemy is unable to shoot you.

Shot04600.jpg shows you linkgunfire exploding just in front of me, Shot04603.jpg shows you a bot ignoring me after he tried to flak me to death ;)

Attachments

• Shot04600.jpg
    Shot04600.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Shot04603.jpg
    Shot04603.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 4

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
4WD said:
okai, after some offlinetesting:
-sometimes the "last enemy player" tries to release his teammates, but the lock opens the wrong jail (?) resulting in him being still the last one, and my team being freed :D
-doublejump on the locks blocking volume, and sometimes i manage to trigger the release with this.
-as you stated, bots are still dumb, maybe there's a thing to set their AI to tdm and switch it to jb when one bot is the last one ?
-but the best one: when you are the last one, and you release your team, just camp on the lock (crouched), and you'll be protected by the blocking volume when it comes back, meaning you release your teammate as soon as he gets jailed, and the enemy is unable to shoot you.

1. can you clarify this one?
2. That should be reported to the Overtime Addon too.
3. Nothing I can do about bots yet, AFAIK.
4. Lol... I might just teleport the releaser away. And it should be reported to Overtime too, as you could do the same thing just as overtime starts.

What I'm really interested in being tested is this: is it any fun to play?
That we can only discover by testing online.

4WD

globle
Sep 6, 2004
belgium
1) it happens only once or twice while i was hopping around, i saw the last bot running to my lock, hitting it (hoping for a release of his team), and my team getting released. i have no idea howto reproduce that sorry :(

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
There must have been an arena fight at the same time that a player on your team won. I haven't changed the switches at all, so I can't see any other explanation.