Activision suing EA

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
It's not like boycotting them is going to effect them what so ever. Just hurting yourself out of spite. Herp derp vive la revolution!

Oh, boycotting as in not buying might actually have an effect. Problem is: People are too weak to pull that off. May I remind everyone of that MW2 boycott group screenshot where most members actually played MW2?

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Oh Bobby, you so silly.

How is it EA's fault that Activision totally screwed up with Infinity Ward? Nice of them to throw self responsibility out the window. As much as I dislike EA, I'm rooting for them to win this one. Maybe Activision will learn something from it if they lose*.

*Yeah right.

The amended suit alleges that EA meddled with contracts, engaged in unfair business practices, and privately flew West and Zampella to a clandestine meeting with EA CEO John Riccitiello in August 2009.

good reading skills there, bro

Teridax

Fresh meat.
Nov 2, 2008

I did read it, but thanks anyway bro. :rolleyes:

Is there actually any solid evidence that EA "meddled with contracts"? It sounds to me like Activision is just looking for someone to blame for their failures with IW. If EA's CEO really did meet with West and Zampella (which shouldn't even be worthy of or part of a lawsuit in the first place), it's not like EA is completely to blame for it, either. If Activision didn't screw IW over, West and Zampella probably wouldn't even have bothered meeting with Riccitiello in the first place.

Also, unfair business practices? Really? That just screams hypocrisy.

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006

Oh no! They engaged in competitive practices! They had a MEETING with important people to try and HIRE them! That's completely worthy of a lawsuit, as US law clearly states that you can't entice people to work for you. That is the opposite of capitalism!

~Jason

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
You know, I didn't take this thread seriously. Anyone suing EA is awesome IMO, cuz EA flat out sucks. I don't know **** about Activision being the bad guy, (it was not sarcasm lol), and now I know why. I don't (and haven't) played any of their crappy games. I don't want to either. I'll boycott lololololololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
boycotters-playing-modern-warfare-2.jpg

i loled so hard when i first saw that pic
it was the same for the group that was setup for those who wanted to boycott the L4D DLC- their reason being that valve shouldn’t be working on a DLC for l4d when the l4d 2 release was just around the corner.

the fact is that most fps gamers can’t really boycott any title - no one game can keep us interested indefinitely - to be honest most of us have the memory spans akin to that of a gold fish
I honestly can’t see how those WoW players do it

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I don't think that it has anything to do with attention spans.

to be honest, I have no idea what it is. I'm not sure why people think Activision is evil.
is it because they decided to apply an assembly-line business model to video game production?
is it because their CEO's make bank?
is it because their stock is through the roof?
is it because their workforce is fiercely competitive?
are any of these good enough reasons to hate them?

I don't have answers, only more questions.
I'm a very casual gamer in the sense that I don't follow the little business details that go on in the world of game development. I don't care. I just buy games when I like them and don't buy games when I don't.
how do I know that I will like a game before I spend money on it?
I download them illegally. but I always go out and buy a game once I know that I will keep it.

at the end of the day, it seems like Activision make games that appeal to a wide variety of the population. they have created a marketing giant that appeals to multiple aspects of popular media; Jeep Wrangler tie-in, Kobe Bryant and Jimmy Kimmel cameo in COD commercial, etc. hell, they have become pop culture themselves. when Jimmy Fallon or Conan O'Brien make a joke about video games, they use Activision titles... or Halo.

the point remains.
I don't know why people have such strong opinions about certain video game developers. the only thing I know is that most of them (the opinions) are bullsh*t. because no matter how many blogs complain about how terrible Bobby Kotick and his empire are, they always rush out and stand in line and at midnight to shell out their hard earned cash for his latest creation.

video gamers are just spoiled and fickle for the most part.
me included. the difference is, I don't care :p

also, I have no idea what this thread is even about. the lawsuit article, I didn't read it.
I'm just commenting on the "grr I hate Activision" vibe that's going on.

Last edited: