A whole series of advice needed.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chester

Nov 18, 2000
Visit site
I have a bunch of questions

1. Whenever I try to use a flat sheet brush to make a see-through floor I keep falling through. I make it solid, as well as block actors etc but it doesnt work. so where am I going wrong?

2. Anybody know much about lowpolygon 3d modeling as I would like to make my own player model. I'am attempting to use 3d studio max 2.5 with character studio. Also animation and texturing advice would be appreciated.

3. What is the benefits of milkshape. Its just that I've noticed a lot of people use it . I mean what advantages does it have over Max or Lightwave etc.

garrett

dreaming lucidly
Aug 23, 2000
1. sheets don't have collision, so it doesn't matter if you make them solid or anything, you need to place an invisible collison hull underneath it(thin cube) and make it semisolid, or maybe a block player actor....as for the other 2 q's i dunno

afkik

Dec 23, 2000
Munich
Visit site
If I make a simple window with a brush I just get a glass texture, make it translucent, then add a box around the whole window, and make the box invisible so you can't walk through the window.

TanGenT

Dec 17, 2000
Visit site
Playermodel

If you look at an old post about the Skeletal Animation you will see that there is a lot more involved with making a model than just making the model. You have to make script for it. I'm not sure about the specifics but if you check the post this one dude posted and he knew what he was talking about.