A thread for spending currency only for greatly discounted electronic transactions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet...

If you are one of the few who has never played Portal, you can get it for FREE on Steam for a limited time!

If you have never played this game and don't take advantage of this offer, then you'll not get any cake!

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Portal-Steam-FPS-Learn-With-Portals-Games-Education,13451.html

Are you one of the few who still hasn't purchased the original Portal PC game? Then today's your lucky day, as Valve is making the hit puzzler free for every PC and Mac gamer to download and play until September 20, 2011. There's no catch that we can tell -- no indication that the game will lock you out at the stroke of midnight. It seems to be yours to keep forever and ever.

The free Portal giveaway is actually part of a promotion stemming from Valve's Learn with Portals games education initiative. As Valve states on the website, one of the biggest challenges in teaching science, technology, engineering, and math is capturing the students’ imaginations long enough for them to see all of the possibilities that lie ahead.

"When we heard the buzz surrounding the new role video games are playing in education, we had to throw our hat in the ring," the company said. "It's eye-opening to see how video games can be used in amazing and unexpected ways to help educate our next generation."

That's where Portal comes in, a tool that students (and everyone else) can download and play for free.

"Using interactive tools like the Portal series to draw them in makes physics, math, logic, spatial reasoning, probability, and problem-solving interesting, cool, and fun which gets us one step closer to our goal—engaged, thoughtful kids!" the company added.

Head here to grab your free copy of Portal.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
All kinds of D&D games (including Baldur's Gate I & II, Icewind Dale I & II, Planescape: Torment and Neverwinter Nights) are off between 20% and 60% (depending on how many you buy) at GOG this weekend.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Dude, EVERYONE has portal already :p

I'd never played this game until it came up for free. Now I'm playing it I can't stop. It's fascinating, innovative, clever.... and addictive.

That's not the point. This isn't the "Game steals that not everyone has." Besides, 3 people I've told about this didn't have it and now do.

Yep.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
Sweet.
Company of Heroes for $1.99 at Steam. The Complete Pack of said game is $9.99, Gold Pack is 5.99 (80% basically)

Been waiting for that to go on the cheap.
I just purchased the base game, and I'll probably later regret not getting the whole thing but, whatever!

(I spent almost a grand on my buddy's wedding a couple weeks ago, so two bucks feels about right... ten bucks too much!)

Last edited:

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
The latest Humble Bundle includes Frozen Synapse as well as Shadowsgrounds, Shadowgrounds Survivor, Trine, Splot (pre-order) and Jack Claw (pre-order) if you pay more than the average contribution.