A question for you professional level designers...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BadDog

bStrange=True
Dec 21, 2001
www.bstrange.net
So far I've posted twice at this site... and it seems to me that many of you are being either condescending or rude in your replies. With this in mind, I figure I must be in the presence of some real talent here and I should have had the forethought to use the proper reverence when speaking with such talented individuals. So here is my question.... where can I get a look at your work? I mean... certainly one of you has a '10' at Nalicity or something right?

BTW... I have been building maps and mods a long time and have tried to be helpful and to even the dumbest newbie that I have encountered.

So anyways.... so far, I have been chastised for asking about the U2 editor... supposedly suggesting that people DL some illegal software which was in fact demo software but certain people hadn't bothered to even go find out b4 they ran off at the bazoo... oh and btw.. MP3's that I see so many posts about around here are just as illegal as any warez site but they seem to be politically correct.... how is that.... software programmers put out titles at ridiculous prices knowing that big companies have that kind of money to throw away on a program worth about $50 (3D Studio max is a good example of this) but yet music artists put out affordable cd's that cost barely enough to cover the cd's production, but you people feel no remorse stealing from them... *sighs*

Ahhhh F*** it...I figured since I got such great responses from my other posts, that this should really bring out the best in forum hospitality.

Really though.... anyone here got a good map? I mean even a '6' ?

Keep me posted... and I'll let ya know when I get the new editor :p

purice

coon dog
Dec 19, 1999
Visit site
if you have a question ask it. if you just want to be a troll and start ****, please go somewhere else. there is a lot of talent here (present company excluded) and they don't have to spend their time answering questions, but they do. they'll be less likely to if this place is full of ungrateful bastards whose only thanks is an insult to their abilities.

combitz

Common sense is not that common
May 1, 2000
U.K
combitz.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
There is hope

I'm sorry to here that your so dissapointed by the replies but heres a shot i the dark at rectifying your feelings. This forum needs as many people as it can get, If you get a bad reply to a post ignore them, really, If someone has a productive answer to any problems you have, they will post a reply. Many of us don't enter into the insult match's as they don't get us anywere.

:cool:

BadDog: Software rights.

In the sence of software. If I had spent thousands of Dollors/pounds developing a product and someone rips it off I'd be angry. Try to think of it as a business, its people livelyhood. Understand that entertainment industry runs on quantity. I'll try to explain, Like any industry you look at your product, work out your potential sales market and price your product to suit. E.G on average:music cd's sell to hundreds of thousands of people. Game cd's sell to tens of thousands of people. Development software sells only in hundreds. 3d Studio Max for instance can be used to make thousands of pounds if you know how to use it. You can even buy it for less than £200 for educational use. The point being warez is bad full stop. including mp3's. However if you have purchased a music cd and wish to convert it to play in your map I don't see whats wrong with that as long as your map is not to be sold.
Unreal 2 will hopefully be out soon and when it is, me and the majority of people will go out and buy it. No piracy No viruses No problem.:D I just look forward to being able to make better maps in the new engine.
(only my view)

Lastly I have not released any maps yet as they are not finished but check peoples home www. as most will have a site if they have maps available.

Good look in your search for maps, and stick around for a while:)

No offence to anyone of the 2 posts you refered to also I've not seen them.

BadDog

bStrange=True
Dec 21, 2001
www.bstrange.net
This wasn't directed at those of you who have been polite...

You don't get my post because it wasn't directed twords you. I posted here twice and was beseiged by rude replies. In the first thread, I inquired about where to get the new Editor (because Preach had screenies of it posted on Unreality) and got replies like

Originally posted by Cursed_Soul
Yup really stupid!!
(In reply to my asking if anyone knew where to get the U2 editor)

Not that big of a deal...I blew it off.

Then however, once I did the legwork and found the only software utilizing the U2 editor that is available to the general public.... I got several more replies that were less than polite...

Originally posted by TTRStryker8
*cough
i do hope you'r not believing that yourself right

Originally posted by Waffnuffly
So basically you're saying you're downloading illegal software... is that it? The leaked stuff from U2?:rolleyes::eek::tdown:

If so, you're an idiot.

The program I found was not illegal software, it was a 3rd party demo from a company that bought the U2 engine. Point being, instead of being grateful, folks were kindof bitchy....

as for Purice, your reply on that topic was....

Originally posted by purice
they were being 'grumpy' b/c it sounded suspiciously like warez and that sh1t don't fly here.

however.... I have seen posts directing people to MP3 sites (which I think is more criminal than warez... ) and I have seen a whole slew of people using copyrighted sounds and music from other games in their UT maps. Also, there seems to be an overabundance of people using copyrighted pictures in the headers under their names when they post on this very forum.

I see plenty of people talking about using 3d studio max but stating that $3000 is a lot to spend on a system.... this to me indicates that they did not spend the $5000+ to get a liscensed copy of 3DS Max.

So lets not go to the 'illegal **** don't fly here route'

I wasn't trying to start a rash of S#!t but thougt it should be mentioned how much offense I took to the somewhat rude replies that I got while trying to be helpful to some people I don't even know.

I could understand if it was a rude reply to something like... 'how do I subtract a brush in UED' since that information is available in the hoards of tuts for UED and should have been read before posting the question; however, this was a simple post directing people to where they could find a 3rd party demo of the U2 editor, nothing more, nothing less.... just a very helpful post that met with skeptical and condescending replies....

I meant no offense to anyone that posts with good intentions, I just wanted to poke my finger a little in the face of those people who seem to be less than courteous.

purice

coon dog
Dec 19, 1999
Visit site
Re: This wasn't directed at those of you who have been polite...

Originally posted by BadDog

I meant no offense to anyone that posts with good intentions, I just wanted to poke my finger a little in the face of those people who seem to be less than courteous.

i just want to avoid flame wars. they are NOT PRODUCTIVE and have no place here.

if you stick around a while you'll find that most people here are informative, helpful and talented. Stryker, CS and Waffnuffly included.

it sounds like everybody got off on the wrong foot so maybe we should just bury the hatchet and get back to making maps :p

BadDog

bStrange=True
Dec 21, 2001
www.bstrange.net
very very nice indeed

Damn.... very nice
gives me that Hogan's Hero's feel
I must say that is most impressive :)
did you model that in 3ds max?

Nov 4, 2001
The Kitchen
Re: This wasn't directed at those of you who have been polite...

Originally posted by BadDog
The program I found was not illegal software, it was a 3rd party demo from a company that bought the U2 engine. Point being, instead of being grateful, folks were kindof bitchy....

I didn't say that it was, I said IF it was. Sorry if I came off on the hostile side there...:(

Well, if you think people at BuF are mean (which IMO they aren't; BuF probably has the best forumers on the internet:tup:)... then DON'T go to Infogrames, and if you actually do go there, DON'T EVER talk to Whisper, and just ignore everything he says. Put him on your ignore list, really.... that's my best advisement for Infogrames. People THERE aren't friendly, and judge ONLY by your postcount / registration date. Honestly, I don't think I'll ever post there again... except for the Unreal 1 forum. That's about it.:(:tdown:

And again... sorry if I seemed like I was insulting you or anything. I just don't like to hear about this U2 stuff... since when I WAS at Infogrames it was SUCH a big deal, that anything related to it (mentioning where or what to download illegally) was made out to be like the end of the world. So it rubbed off on me:mad: and now I still have some Infogrames Hostility, if you want to call it that. But I think BuF is waaaay better and I'm getting the BuF attitude more now that I've been here a few months:):tup:

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
the editing forum here has the best people amongst the forums here(talent, knowledge both), and I daresay compared to many other editing forums too. I'm glad you're giving it a second chance.
edit: oh yeah I just posted to say that...I'm not a reg here anymore just so ya know I'm not tooting my own horn.

Last edited: