A G36k Project

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

N'kEnNy

Aug 1, 2003
I live here, Really.
www.ns-co.net
That time of the month again
Development has slowed a bit as I'm there is still thoughts going into how to finalize the optics/ironsights.
I've considered just sitting down and making all possibilities, but it does seem like a wasted effort.

Some minor Polygon shaving did take place, reducing the polycount by 80 or so. Like mentioned before. I can pretty much get the model polycount as low as I want it. If I want it to be any lower now though, I'll have to sacrifice some visual quality and ease of UVW mapping.

So why update? Look below.

Lethal Dosage
I believe Blitzschlag and the IMT just might have something more up their collective sleeves.

Blitzschlag and Arethusa
Technically the "no meddling" border has already been crossed. Heck it was more or less crossed back when the M16A4 model was made. Like Arethusa mentions, Sentry Studio have stopped developing Infiltration, this leaves room for us to play around.

A more thurough debate on which G36 model to create (regular, Carbine, or Compact) is for a later date. For now, I'll prove that its pretty easy to transfer.
Heres a G36c and the currentmost G36k

Attachments

• G36c comparison.jpg
    G36c comparison.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 64
  • G36c close up colourized.jpg
    G36c close up colourized.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 68
  • G36c side view with suppressor.jpg
    G36c side view with suppressor.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 33
  • g36k Fifth bastardized addition.jpg
    g36k Fifth bastardized addition.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

(un)l33t_1

lol the beta-C mag, fyi, is also in real life available for the M4A1 (and all STANAG-compatible weapons). It would be nothing short of monstrous to include one in the game, unless the bulk was prohibitively high. By the way, the G36K looks better than the G36C (longer barrel -looks more rifle-like).

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
Hell, at this point, I think it might be worth it to do the full size, K, and c variants all at once. Maybe the SAW variant as well.

Also, to anyone who says the kurz variant looks better than the commando: you are wrong about everything in life, and I probably want you to die.

ecale3

Sniper - May be harmful to your health.
Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
(un)l33t_1 said:
lol the beta-C mag, fyi, is also in real life available for the M4A1 (and all STANAG-compatible weapons). It would be nothing short of monstrous to include one in the game, unless the bulk was prohibitively high. By the way, the G36K looks better than the G36C (longer barrel -looks more rifle-like).

However, due to the mechanism of the M16/M4 series weapons, the beta c mag is somewhere between unreliable and useless.

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
If I had to guess - fast reloads.

On the subject of the G36, I really believe the G36c would be the more ideal weapon to have in-game. However, if you're willing to do both, more power to you.

N'kEnNy

Aug 1, 2003
I live here, Really.
www.ns-co.net
Photo-Op #2

C-Mags and Drum-Magazines
Won't happen. Period.

Atleast not on any Assault Rifle type weapon produced by my hands. For an LMG or Squad type weapon it may be different though. It can be argued that not including them is a realism thing, I won't do that though. It comes down to game-balance if you ask me. High capacity magazines of any sort detract, break and bend gameplay in ways it shouldn't need to go. Particulary so when there are no 'penalties' or limits on carrying them.

This is my personal oppinion, and my statement may not carry weight at the end of this project. There I've written my thoughts loudly and proudly, and covered my ass at the same time. Moving on.

Optics and Sights
Having gotten past my downtime I felt it was time to start working again. I dug around on the net hunting for pictures of the various optics I'd want to include. If there are any mistakes, please point them out.

In the end I decided to do Open Sights, an EOTECH Holo(?) sight, and the Dual-optic of the regular version. The pictures are avaliable below.

I've taken the liberty of attaching them to the G36 series weapon I felt most appropriate. While the various optics are spread around, they will idealy be avaliable to the G36k. Though I've modeled a few G36-series type weapons, I cannot promise all of them will be in the game.

Though I'm gradually warming to the idea of creating a little "family" of 1-2 weapons. I hesitate to claim I can do so. Inf Mod Teams plans must be heeded. And another question for the future. Is there some sort of Max weapon limit in the game? I assume each added weapon steals a certain amount of RAM. Though I find it hard to believe that anyone have any trouble running infiltration, there may be engine limitations. ETC.

Help Needed
Those of you who study the models really hard might notice that something is missing... I'm having trouble finding a good picture of the AG36 LADDER sight thats used with the G36k. If any of you have some good pictures, please send them my way.

To do:
Start UVW mapping
Skinning + Animating and whatnots.

Questions, suggestions, and suggestions are welcomed

Attachments

• G36 Series Sixth Edition G36k and G36c.jpg
    G36 Series Sixth Edition G36k and G36c.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 60
  • G36 Series Sixth Edition Combisight.jpg
    G36 Series Sixth Edition Combisight.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 54
  • g36 Series Sixth Edition EOTECH.jpg
    g36 Series Sixth Edition EOTECH.jpg
    360 KB · Views: 58
  • g36 Series Sixth Edition OpenSights.jpg
    g36 Series Sixth Edition OpenSights.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 133
  • G36 Series Sixth Edition family tree.jpg
    G36 Series Sixth Edition family tree.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 136

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
I reckon a small family of variants would be a good way to go, say the G36c and/or G36k, and the G36 LMG, with if possible the Beta C mag only available to the LMG version, i know whats been said, and i agree with there being no beta C mag on the assault rifles,

But with the only option of a 30rd mag on a LMG is just silly, there needs to be some sort of high-cap option, otherwise there will be nothing to set it apart from a heavy, chunky, assault rifle. At least with a high-cap magazine it would be similar to a minimi, but with half the magazinecapacity (approx), and bit faster reload time, for balance you could make it longer, and with optics would make it interesting for the longer range fire support.

Well thats my 2 cents (or well 5 cents since there isn't 1 or 2 cent pieces around any more). I'm expecting a flaming for these comments, but this is my opinion, and anything new will be welcomed by myself and most of the community.