A fun idea

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
nope...seagul or some system will decide captiains. Imagine yourself back on the lpayground in gradeschool picking teams for kickball. Same thing. I think it shoudl be totally random, that may suck for some, but it would keep someone from picking their own (real) clan over again.

[Shadow]Aksen

=vD=Aksen
Mar 18, 2004
Okay, I've got an idea. This might not be to everyone's liking, and it unfortunately gets rid of the exciting round-based draft idea....

What if Seagull and one or two other people put together all the teams, minus the captains. SO let's say there are 8 teams of 7 players each.... so we get the 56 players needed (BUT ARE THERE THAT MANY?) and put them in one big list. 8 of these people are elected to be captains. Then Seagull organizes the teams into 8 teams of 6 players each. The captains flip a coin or something, and they each get a turn to pick their team. The people organizing the teams (seagull and whoever else) would be captains, and would pick last. This would make them try to make all the teams even when they organize them.

After the teams are picked, we could have a few rounds of trading. Let people modify their teams so they have the right group of people for them. Also, some people really enjoy playing together but are in different clans... this would give them a chance to trade so they could be on the same team, etc.

I'm trying to avoid hurting someone's feelings by picking them last. It's difficult coming up with a different system as fair as picking teams though....

And even more difficult explaining it.

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
Picking your team would completely negate the fact that it would be a "random" player based tournament. What you should do is have people sign up, and based on the number of players, let's say it's 64 for the sake of being easy. 8 teams of 8 players. What you then do is write up a quick program inputting all the player names to have it randomly assign each name a number between 1 and 8. Thereby assigning them to their team randomly. Use some sort of logic to only allow each instance of a number to be used (you guessed it) 8 times (boolean? been a whilre..). so only eight #1's, only eight #2's, etc.. all drawn at random. It sounds complicated maybe, but it's easy. Hell you can do it in BASIC in probably 5 minutes. Then voila, you have your teams. Nobody is assigned a team "captain" until the 8 man teams are assigned, they then decide on who their captain while be.. kind of like a jury. This way it's not picking and choosing favorites/skill/teamplayers and making it a few powerhouses destroying last picked teams. Doing it with a pick and choose way not only makes last picked people feel like crap, but generally makes the first 2 or 3 captains to choose, have the best players (at least in their eyes). And would make the tournament a completely miserable event for those who get stuck with people who aren't exactly "good" by most peoples stretch. Not to be mean, but there are people who suck.. c'mon, remember the fact chick with glasses in 4th grade dodgeball? Or the guy who stank really bad and nobody wanted. Or the kid with the funny name like Harry Sachse? Yeah, it'll kind of be like that.

And we don't want to make Zero feel too bad now do we? <3

:lol:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Exactly mantik...thats what I was thinking. Totally random. players sign up prior to the event, the teams are randomly drawn and matches are scheduled.

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
Ahh yes the playground days....

post-12-1079629101.gif

PLAYGROUND DAYS!!! AUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*me runs and hides in the corner

Status
Not open for further replies.