A few things...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

farrp

Nov 25, 1999
Visit site
I was trying to think of a few things that would make INF better in future versions. What I came up with I realized that I could not live without:

1. The grenade pin/throw should be a lot faster. Think about how fast a person can pull a grenade pin and toss it in real life. In-game it takes like 3 seconds. There are many times when I need to throw a grenade down a hallway filled with the enemy but by the time my character throws it, They are shooting me down.

2. The zoom on the sniper scope should not take up the whole screen. (have you ever played Delta Force?) What your character is seeing through his/her scope should take up only a small portion of the screen. A circle just to the right and up just a hair from the center of the screen. (I hope this is making sence. If not someone that does get it, try to explain.) The people in this forum, that shoot regularly or have experiance in shooting w/ a scope, know that the people with the best aim keep both eyes open while shooting. This would be more realistic and noone would be able to sneek up in front of you when you're 'zoomed'.

3. When someone shines a flashlight(even the shotgun flashlight) in your eyes, it should cause some sort of 'flash bang' affect. Not as sever but something like that. The length of time and loss of sight would all depend on the distance from the flashlight. This would also add realism to the mod. (As if it isn't realistic enough /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )

There are a lot more, but i'll spare you guys and see what you think of the preceding first. Thanks for your time.

003.gif

You guys that post messages all the time crack me up...it's bad when the high point in your day is to read the posts at the INF forum.

deathren

Dusty ****er.
Nov 26, 1999
Anchorage, Alaska
Yes the flashlight thing iz kewl, and the grenade thing, it needs to be quicker, and posting on the message board is NOT the height of my day.

003.gif

------------------
To be, or not to be? That is the question!

My loyalty is to I N F I L T R A T I O N

If you have questions, please, don't ask me, instead read this
New here? Then go and read the Roadmap

"Even trusted friends are capable of betrayal"
-James Bond, Goldeneye 007

"The world ended when man was created"
-deathren

Want a cool place where you can find some cool mods? Go HERE

Cool Planet, for a cool game?

[This message has been edited by deathren (edited 01-31-2000).]

deathren

Dusty ****er.
Nov 26, 1999
Anchorage, Alaska
Yes the flashlight thing iz kewl, and the grenade thing, it needs to be quicker, and posting on the message board is NOT the height of my day.

003.gif

------------------
To be, or not to be? That is the question!

My loyalty is to I N F I L T R A T I O N

If you have questions, please, don't ask me, instead read this
New here? Then go and read the Roadmap

"Even trusted friends are capable of betrayal"
-James Bond, Goldeneye 007

"The world ended when man was created"
-deathren

Want a cool place where you can find some cool mods? Go HERE

Cool Planet, for a cool game?

[This message has been edited by deathren (edited 01-31-2000).]

thornz

Inhuman...yes indeed
Dec 14, 1999
outer circle of hades
members.aol.com
what a cheerful smiley...

anyway, I kind of agree with some of that. I figured the light thing would be implemented along with flashbangs. But for the most part, most actions are kinda slow. When I'm about to get shot, I think I'd reload a little quicker. Especially the shotgun. My hands seem to be taking their sweet, deliberate time with that one. The MP5, M-16, and PSG all seem pretty accurate. I can understand putting this delay in for reasons of balancing gameplay (one shot kill robar takes a while to operate the bolt). Don't know really what to suggest, mostly just anticipating a response.

Corin

Jan 26, 2000
San Jose, CA
Visit site
Well, if you think about it, slow and deliberate is sometimes a good way to go. I, personally wouldn't want to be all anxious while I am trying to do something important like load a weapon, I might f**k up.

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Most people dont realise how tight the pin is wedged in grenades. I know 2 guys who dislocated fingers with em.^_^ But it's understood that grenades need to be quicker. Well see what we can do!

Don't even THINK of pulling them out with your teeth. this is no movie here!

About the zoom thing, most snipers keep either eye open while spotting their targets. It's difficult for the human brain to interpret 2 differant magnifications at once.

well probably add a slight white tinge to the screed and a lens flare effect to obscure one's view. But in real life, it only 'blinds' a person if his eyes are accustomed to darkness. so that feature will probably not come out=(

Billdog

Aug 7, 1999
Denmark
farrp:
Thanks for the sympathy, I'm sure Warren and Neo feels the same way.

------------------
-> If you haven't seen this, you know nothing about Infiltration: The Roadmap!
-> Are you having trouble with the Editor or is it the other way around? Kick this!

Billdog

Aug 7, 1999
Denmark
farrp:
Thanks for the sympathy, I'm sure Warren and Neo feels the same way.

------------------
-> If you haven't seen this, you know nothing about Infiltration: The Roadmap!
-> Are you having trouble with the Editor or is it the other way around? Kick this!