A Better Homepage Update - The Bonuspack!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Turin_Turambar

Pls don´t shoot to the Asha´man
Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
Beppo said:
Maybe you are one of the 'lucky' guys out there that either have used the installer, but have all Alias' used up already. OR, you are one of the manual zip users and did not applied the changes 'suggested' within the ADD*.ini files that can be found in the Infiltration folder of the zip.
you need to have something like this here in your InfiltrationUser.ini file:
Code:
Aliases[25]=(Command="mutate bonusdoqa | DoQuickAction",Alias=DoQuickAction)

No luck for now. I have the line, it´s also number 25 btw. I used the .exe downloaded from SS server. Ah, i can see the icons from the new stuff, the problem is to use them to put out the things.

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
I know I am already late, but I don't want to skip the 'thank you' spamming... Thank You all, who were involved!

Judging by little offline testing I am pretty impressed by the looks of the new maps! (can't tell gameplay wise yet)

We now have none-static fir trees! (or shoud I have recognized 'em somehwere else before?)

The weapons (especially G3 and MP5) are also very welcome :)

Lord Belial

Loose Cannon
Pretty spiffy stuff! I can now play with a G36 :) huzzah! Mmmmmm....dual optics.
(my previous username was "G36" before I forgot my password and reused this old one)

Only two questions:

1) Is that what a 1911 really sounds like? I've never heard one IRL.
2) Is the AT4 back as some kind of in-joke? Because I haven't spotted any tanks in INF to date...

mat69

just fooling around
Dec 9, 2001
Österreich
www.combatmaps.de
Turin_Turambar said:
No luck for now. I have the line, it´s also number 25 btw. I used the .exe downloaded from SS server. Ah, i can see the icons from the new stuff, the problem is to use them to put out the things.
Try this one:
Code:
1: Aliases[25]=(Command="mutate bonusdoqa | DoQuickAction",Alias=DoQuickAction)
2: a=set input Enter DoQuickAction
3: b=set input Enter mutate bonusdoqa
Ok, leave line 1 untouched, but change your InfiltrationUser.ini, now add line 2 and 3 to your keybindings, use the key you want. This example is asuming that you are using Enter for QuickAction, you can change it as well.
If you enter a server with bonuspack simply press b, the next time you enter a server without bonuspack you have to press a to be able to use Quickaction.

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
i haven't given the update a try yet. Looking forward to it. I hope the G3 isn't as bad as people make it out to be. I would like to see some extra recoil on it however (if it's as tame as you all say it is). it gives it that extra challenge of keeping the site centered and feels like your holding something more than pea shooter :p .

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
Turin, if you try to use
Code:
mutate bonusdoqa
directly on the console... does this work for you or not? (and plz make sure that the mutator is active on your end at the time you test ;))

To the G3...
as said earlier, I had such a rifle in my hands some years ago and have fired a bunch of mags with it during my year of service. The G3, while heavy, is stable and doesn't kick you around like a ping pong ball. I'm no Arnold or Sly so it has nothing to do with my non existing muscles for sure ;)
It has a huge kick if you hold it uncontrolled and it can ruin your shoulder then... but if you know how to handle it, it will be no problem at all.
If the in-game version would have a higher 'kick value', then it would be that uncontrolled feeling that then shows up, cause you would be unable to aim shiat with these sights. They aren't open at the top and so you would never be able to aim at a target that is a couple of meters away.
The current setup including the recoil feels just like the real thing.

Oh and don't forget that a M16, SIG or whatever is way lighter than the G3...

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
I had such a rifle in my hands some years ago and have fired a bunch of mags with it

I've played around with a CETME, that uses the exact same design (and mags) and I have to say, 3 bulk for the G3 mag is a little much. Sure, they're huge, but they're not that hard to handle. Nor are they heavy. So why such a high bulk?

And don't just go:
Sure, they're huge
:lol: ;)

Last edited:

mat69

just fooling around
Dec 9, 2001
Österreich
www.combatmaps.de
w00t?
You're not Sly Boots the best detective with best detuctive skills in the universe?
Shame on you!

I like the bonus pack overall, even if it has it's flaws, and there are some. I was disappointed a lot while testing it the first time online. But you know it was just an overkill with the great StrafeWhoreNoMore Mutator and now I'm thankfull for the new stuff, especially the G3 and the maps which work (only?) good offline. It's just too bad that UT Engine sucks and destroys so many good atempts. :(

PS.: Now I'm curious how many people know Sly Boots. ;)

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Ok smartass.... :lol:

So then why doesn't the G3 kill in one shot?! ;)

*AHHH PARADOX!*

I like the G3 a lot. Excellent job. Why not include high-cap mags for it though?

Also, is it me, or is the G36 red dot not centered? Every time I use that gun, it just feels like it's off-center...

It also clips for me (right underneath the reflex sight). And yes, I'm using OGL. Anybody else get that?

Either way, this is my all-time favorite weapon so far, and I wish you would've made all of the sights that huge. It makes it much harder to hit people and is a much more realistic viewing perspective. I screamed like a little girl when I clicked 'alt-fire'. I thought, for a second, that maybe all of the new guns had similar sight sizes. Then I grabbed the G3 and cried. Was it just not possible to do this without the weapons clipping or what?

And finally, If only you would've given it the C-mag. :(

All in all, I dig the new weapons. Accept for the AT4...which is far too silly for this guy.

Edit: Dear god, "Slyboots" owns.

Last edited: