8800gt and ut2004

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
You went from an 8800GT to an 8800GTS? Isn't that like a 5 FPS increase? D:

It's a driver problem, by the way, so all 8800 GPUs will have the issue.

Emmet Otter

I miss XMP :(
May 26, 2003
Home of the NHL Devils
Visit site
You went from an 8800GT to an 8800GTS? Isn't that like a 5 FPS increase? D:

I had an XFX 8800GT which was running severely hot and would lock up a lot. I had to underclock it and manually raise the fan speed to maintain it stable. I was like, f*ck this! RMA'd it and paid the difference and got a EVGA 8800GTS duel slot cooler with free crysis and step-up program for another video card which now all is running flawless. Not bad eh?;)

NubBlubber

Jan 29, 2008
I had an XFX 8800GT which was running severely hot and would lock up a lot. I had to underclock it and manually raise the fan speed to maintain it stable. I was like, f*ck this! RMA'd it and paid the difference and got a EVGA 8800GTS duel slot cooler with free crysis and step-up program for another video card which now all is running flawless. Not bad eh?;)

what company let you do this?

h.pocus

Jan 20, 2008

I heard the ultra is not affected... anyways anyone who wants to duplicate this problem, load up ctf-citadel and play for a few minutes.

just got forceware 171.16 issue has not been resolved.

Last edited:

Plutonia_Experi

Jan 28, 2008
I want to buy a new pc with a 8800 GT, but I love UT2004.

Is everybody having this issue or is just a random bug and I can hope to be lucky?

Must find a solution, Epi...ehm...nVidia please fix! :mad:

Mort.MS

Jun 9, 2004
The Unreal Tournament 2004 engine is not very well optimized for the architecture in the Geforce 8800GTX/GTS GPU and this leads to the low performance in this game.
funny thing considering the ut2k4 startup advertisement... :lol:

Last edited:

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
I turned on vsync and it seems to be better. Something like this could happen in any game when your fps is jumping around in a 60-300 range. Just cap it.

Noobnugget

Jan 10, 2006
I turned on vsync and it seems to be better. Something like this could happen in any game when your fps is jumping around in a 60-300 range. Just cap it.
Online though, your framerate is capped at 85. So even if your pc is capable of 300 fps you wont be pushing that high so it, in turn, wont be jumping around at numbers like that.

willem-50

Feb 25, 2008
hello,

i,m new here, but your stutter problem sounds very familiar.
we , on the nvidia forum, are busy with these issue,s for more than a year.
problems occur: on all 8 series using windows XP.
Infected games are all that using the unreal engine 2.
We are making a fist to nvidia, because this is tottaly wrong of nvidia.:mad:
On the nvidia forum there is a treat going on since december 2006 !
It is now 34 pages long.
Everything concerning this matter is here !
Everything you can think off, is already tried, drivers, technical issue,s etc.
Problem is that some don,t wanna hear us.
So, we mailed nvidia about 100 times, mailed companies who are selling nvidia cards, i even made a special map for it, ut2003 & ut 2004: DM-Stutterday.
Funny ? no, it is tragic !
I invite you all to log in here : http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=23904&st=620 and give your critics and comments.
Together we are stronger in this.
Alone, you will achive nothing.
On this treat there is a direct mailadress to nvidia, also copies off mails, technical support, (because you can play without stutter , have to change something) and other facts !

I or better We hope too see you, youre welcome and we need the support !

Willem.

Jonathan

Mar 19, 2006
I used an 8800gtx since March '07 and never experienced any stuttering problems, on full/max settings, with uncompressed lights, textures, etc.

8 or 16x anti-aliasing, 16x anisotropic filtering, etc. No problems. I would have noticed too, as I played ONS-Artic-watchamacallit (forgot the name :D ) almost every other day.

willem-50

Feb 25, 2008
I,m not gonna discuss here long, because i,m on the nvidia forum and have mutch to do there.
Also i must work a lot.

It only occurs using XP and with maps as DM-Trainingday, and CTF-Citadel.
Put 6 bots in it and play with standard ini settings and weapon visable the maps above.
Put reaction here and nvidia forum.
If you wanna know the whole story see the nvidia treat as descripte above.

Thx for your feedback !

willem.