3D Lawsuit Extends To Hardware Manufacturers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LEDx0rz

The most brilliant man that ever lived
Sep 28, 2004
Philidelphia
Johnny Cochran time!!! ;). I think i'll be calling in my private hitman for this one ;) , thats always the easiest way to make a bad situation go away ;) . A second note, why have they waited this long to take legal action (politically correct term)against them, maybe there wouldn't have been so many patent violators if they would have sued somebody already (i mean please just sue Dell or something <possible flamebait>). Those greedy people (for lack of a better term) just wait untill they have about 50 companies to sue then strike.
[phone operator lady's voice]"We're sorry, you've exceeded the maximum number of companies that can be sued at one time. Please stop your suit and try again later after your patents expire."
that would be awesome

I patented this :eek: smiley, hmm i could sue a lot of people for this hehe.

Last edited:

Clawfist

i was a teenage hand model
Aug 18, 1999
Cary, NC
Quote from the lyrics: "...This is not a lovesong..."

i always thought that line was pretty much unnecessary, but seems like i was wrong ;)

( just incase your question was a serious one :D )

Last edited:

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
I patent the notion of color and all of its applications.
(Well, just kidding but it reminds me that someone actually patented the color wheel used in softwares- or something similar, I don't remeber the full story)

Beyond 1337
Oct 28, 2004
I hereby patent the phrase 'Dubya'. I'll make a fortune off of those that frequent Off Topic alone.

UnrealProjects

"Your Hired!"
Apr 10, 2004
www.lawdogs-mod.com
Frivolous and a shopping spree......most of it or all will be thrown out.......what they're seeking for are similiar patents as they claim.......will be an interesting outcome........basicly they have so called titles of their tech but do n't have the tech specs and design blueprints of how it works.......

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
the_mjw said:
:confused: So are they for, or against?

They're neither :p . I'm guessing it's just a song about globalisation, capitalism, consumerism and other things that started out as great ideas but are now viewed as being bad things.

Last edited:

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Selerox said:
Lawyers = scum.
but that would be an insult for the scum of the universe(tm)

Besides : LucasArts might have something to say about it as well ...

So no ... lawyer is a good word.
It just needs a better fitting explanation in the dictionary. ;)

btw :
wasn't there a movie called "one night at McKools'" ?

LEDx0rz

The most brilliant man that ever lived
Sep 28, 2004
Philidelphia
btw :
wasn't there a movie called "one night at McKools'" ?
Call the people who made that and get them to sue McKool Smith!!!! :). But it is really sad about the way you can get a patent here, you can patent anything you desire, copper wiring, pencils, pens, etc. as long as nobody patented them before (i know these were patented before but its an example), people can just be really greedy and patent something for 8 years and never make that product, i have never heard of McKool Smith ever making one of its "patented" products. This is the part where i shout obscenities. GO **** YOURSELVES MCKOOL SMITH YOU HAVE THE GAYEST NAME I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE, AND WHY THE **** HAVE YOU WAITED FOR 8 GOD**** YEARS TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. *deep breath* yep i'm done now. Seriously after somebody violates your patent you should only be able to have about a year or 2 to sue them for it.
law.jpg

Last edited:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I've already patented the quark so please hand over that cash fyfe ;) . Seriously, the process should be that when someone invents something, a patent should be automatically issued. If the inventor doesn't have the cash then he has to get some form of sponsor who will have some rights over the patent. Sounds cool ? Vote Fearless for the next world elections :D .

Last edited:

fyfe

self destruction might be the answer.
Nov 10, 2002
On the road
myspace.com
Fearless said:
I've already patented the quark so please hand over that cash fyfe ;) . Seriously, the process should be that when someone invents something, a patent should be automatically issued. If the inventor doesn't have the cash then he has to get some form of sponsor who will have some rights over the patent. Sounds cool ? Vote Fearless for the next world elections :D .

Sorry I patented money :lol: so hand it back :D