Cloud Wars

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

AlexanderII

Ready to play Duke Nukem?
Dec 20, 2001
www.conk.com
Hello to all the UT fans out there!

I finally decided to release it.
;) Those of you who liked Duke Nukem multiplayer a lot are
probably already familiar with the map called Cloud War.

In any case just grab my UT version of it from my home site . I'll also try to attach it to this message.
Please tell me what you think of the gameplay? Is this map worth debugging and finishing up?
There are so many maps out there so I wonder if anybody other than developers is still looking for more? :eek:

Shot0010.JPG

All the best! ;)

AlexanderII
svyatozar@mail.ru
http://www.conk.com/world/alexkh/ut.htm

AlexanderII

Dec 20, 2001
www.conk.com
Wrong map file in the package? There are 2.

There are 2 map files in the package. One is teh demo, and the other (the dark one) is one of the latest versions. I have re-done all the geometry by hand, re-aligned textures, but only the demo version is playable so far.
Sorry about the confusion. :( I will update the homepage to introduce more clarity on purpose of all the files in the package.
Thanks for pointing that out, it is a real good bug report. :)

Sincerely,

AlexanderII

AlexanderII

Dec 20, 2001
www.conk.com
Thanks for reply DavidM!
That was actually my first post the day I registered.

Here you can say whatever you think of this map - whether you like this map or not. Take the DavidM's example and post messages corresponding the topic! I'd like to keep this thread clean of spam.

Best wishes!

AlexanderII

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
sorry but the map is boring. nothing new nothing challenging. ever played some up to the standard maps? check thenm! learn from them...

DavidM

Designer
Oct 28, 1999
www.muenni.ch
Don't listen to Balton.
He is just stuck to the old boring kind of maps which are all the same. Your map is revolutionary, you don't need to learn from the old maps, this one is much better.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Originally posted by DavidM
Don't listen to Balton.
He is just stuck to the old boring kind of maps which are all the same. Your map is revolutionary, you don't need to learn from the old maps, this one is much better.

uhm... than you are tricking all n00b ish mappers who read your guides that tell to rebuild one of the original ut maps to get it...

dont ask me but this masquerade is getting stale. when will you go to sleep? school should start tommorow even for you

OMG, it looks better than others maps out there!!! Methink, it is the best map I have ever seen!!!! WOW :eek: ;l Yes, can I rip something from your map? I've started on this map and suddenly I undestood... It is the top of the hill!!!!! Nobody, I repeat Nobody make map better than this one! Congratulation! It is the end of your long journey through UnrealEd world!!! There is nothing more to say...

Last edited:

AlexanderII

Dec 20, 2001
www.conk.com
Guys, you should really indicate when you're sarcastic and when you're serious. At least give a hint. Like I always do.

And, yes I've read a lot of tutorials. This is my first map for UT and, probably the last one. Maybe for a different game, but again, there's no end of learning. One should not stop learning at any point in te life. Let it be the motto for this thread.

Regards,

AlexanderII

AlexanderII

Dec 20, 2001
www.conk.com
Lucky for me the test map didn`t work....... Rukee
Can you ever say something more meaningful than that? It's like calling up Micro@oft's support center and saying: "You know guys how lucky I am? I couldn't your Windows!" and hanging up.
That's not even funny.

You guys are starting to be boring. I think I'll switch to 3dRealms' forum soon. It's much more fun.

Regards,

AlexanderII