Official list of things you wanna know...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
O K,

after reading the post "Why Are We ignored!" and spending muuuuuch time reading it all during my daily "visit" to this forum I want to give you guys that seem to have some very urgent questions out there the chance to submit them in one compiled list to me directly.

Keganator, the thread starter, should be the one that compiles the list of questions and should then send it to my email adr.
Ok, a list of 20-30 questions... not more ;) ... oh and each question should be no longer than 3 or four sentences to keep it clear and readable... thx.

I guess this post will organize itself and Keg can moderate it a bit too. So have fun discussing the questions you want to send in.

... it would be nice to get this list on saturday or sunday this weekend...

cya,

Beppo

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
:D

Let's give a big Thank you to Beppo this will probably eat a big chunk of time out of his day (and mine ;) ).

Without further ado, On With The Show!

Now: First off, I'd like to see all of the all of the old weekly update questions answered, so I'll try to sum them up. As for new stuff, remember the general rules to INF suggestion guidelines:

* No weapon Suggestions
* Nothing that's been asked before

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but oh well. Please <b>keep this OT</b>, it is really important to me and many others that these questions get answered.

edit: Please don't spam this document with thank you's. Let's keep focused.

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
The Warren's Update is fixed.. Now warren will be able to answer questions too ;)

Beppo: If you want to answer to some Warren's Update question, you can ask for warren the url of the answer system.

Warren

Infiltration Project Coordinator
Nov 24, 1999
Portland, OR
www.sentrystudios.com
Feel free to start submitting questions for the weekly ::cough:: update. I'll be a lot more diligent about getting those answered now. No really! Honset! It's a great system and it'd be a shame to let it go to waste.

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
"Honset" ... mmmh... not in my dictionary ... hehe

ok... submit your questions for the weekly ::cough:: update of course... but if there is still need to compile a list ... my email account is still open for Kegs email ;)

- Beppo

oh and DarkBls... you should edit your Sig... it's still using the PU URL ;)

Last edited:

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Is this, uhh, where we ask the questions? :D
I only have two: (right now...)
1) What direction will gameplay be taking in future versions? Will Inf remain an "action" game, or is it moving to the tactical extreme?
2) What is the "official" way of playing these new gametypes? 5 respawns? Unlimited? Or none? Will options be present for all of them anyway, as well as for a more relaxed "drop-in, no wait" game?

Well, Okay, thats about 9 questions, but it really is about 2 things :)

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Wow! A sticky and warren all in 10 (20?) Minutes!

Okay, then do we want 2 viewpoints on the update queue, or does Warren want to handle those himself and get other questions to beppo?

edit: Yurch instaposted me. Yeah, those are some of the questions I'm looking forward to hearing answers to myself.

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
Keganator here is how I see stuff:

Compile your list, post it there in ONE POST. I will process it, and Warren & Beppo will answer them with the Warren Update (Far easier for us).

If for each idea you can supply : An author, a link, a title and a question it would be best ;)

BrownCow

I Heart Gnat.
Jun 18, 2000
These are honestly the only things i wanna know:

Beepo,

When you encounter nasty bugs in your code, what are the top 3 words you yell outloud to your computer?

When you are coding late nite because of nasty bugs and deadlines, what do you turn to to keep you awake, Coke, Pepsi or Coffee.

That is all i wanna know!! Comon, i got to get at least 1 spot!

BrownCow

I Heart Gnat.
Jun 18, 2000
Oh, i totally lied. I do have a question that i'd really like to know:

Are there any plans to get the dedicated server for INF working on the mac? I can run UT dedicated server, but INF crashes upon startup.

AND

if you can't get leaning to work correctly (you can be invisible, unable to be shot, your animation doesn't play and you are just behind the wall like the good ole days - these all happen quiet frequently online) would you ever resort to making leaning a recon only action?

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
Tada !

It's done.

Know you will have your warren's update items answered by Warren and/or Beppo !

R-Force

(IF)
Nov 21, 2000
Canada, Quebec, Terrebonne
I do have my own questions ;)

1. Is there plans to redo the players anims? I mean some moves the inf guys do are quite unrealistic (the way he swim, the way he aim while straffing)...

2. What is planned to improve the sight uses? Most weapons sights in game are difficult to use because we can't see clearly what we aim at (they are too small)...

3. Is there plans to redo the footsteps sounds? Sounds don't always play right (or play at all), often play the wrong sounds for what we steps on, some are just too loud or too soft. Some clear distinction of sounds for each movement pace would be nice...

JamesT

sniper apprentice
Jun 25, 2001
Taiwan
inf.dearhoney.idv.tw
I've got 3 questions which are not listed in the Warren's Update.

1. Will the "client side/server side distribution" be officially reconsidered or even redone? This issue creates many online game problems, such as malfunction of switching between movement modes, unnecessary delay of switching between aim and hip modes, P90 flashlight attachment display glitch, RC50 scope zooming going asynchronous, etc.

2. What is the official policy regarding the activity of long-range sniping? Will the team make it simulated more realistically ( more suitable weapon for it and a ballistic system for it and a more realistic aim mode for it )? Or it will only be done in a newer engine like Unreal Warfare?

3. Does the team know a problem that the Infiltration main program sometimes doesn't cooperate well with 3rd-party mutators ( BrownCow's Scoreboard, Yurch's RA, etc )? We have got UT engine GPFs when changing to a next map. Will this problem be looked into?

Status
Not open for further replies.