Gears Of War Patch Fixes PC Lockout

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
I'm kinda worried about people who purchased the game (even recently) but suffer having no Internet connection. (Though it'd be funny for someone to have a PC capable of playing GoW without Internet. Just a thought.)

You would just need a friend with internet to burn you a cd with the patch. If only that would have been possible for activating my Steam games back when I lived behind a firewall...:mad:

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
You would just need a friend with internet that's aware of this problem and how to fix it to burn you a cd with the patch.

Fixed.
Not everyone that plays PC games even bothers to check out the community, much less keep up w/ patches. I can hardly imagine anything related to the internet would be the first thing on anyone's mind that doesn't use it.

Deapblade

Jul 15, 2004
You would just need a friend with internet to burn you a cd with the patch. If only that would have been possible for activating my Steam games back when I lived behind a firewall...:mad:

Lol, maybe you should configure your firewall next time... :)

Dogger

Oct 4, 2004
You know, I would of expected a discussion like this 10 years ago. where not living in the dark ages anymore. People who dont have the internet should get rid of their fear of skynet.

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
Fixed.
Not everyone that plays PC games even bothers to check out the community, much less keep up w/ patches. I can hardly imagine anything related to the internet would be the first thing on anyone's mind that doesn't use it.

If my game quit working I would sure as heck call the support number on the game case. I used to do that before I had the internet. If there was a patch for the problem, they would let you know when you called.

That being said, I don't personally know of a single person that plays video games these days that isn't aware of patches available online. There may be a few out there, but I haven't encountered one.

Deapblade

Jul 15, 2004
I lived BEHIND the firewall... no access to it whatsoever. Many people at universities are in the same situation. Just try to get a network admin to open ports up for you just because you want to play a game :lol:

Wait you live at the university?...

Aloscha

Jan 27, 2008
Does it work by someone? I´ve got the message to put in the right CD/DVD, wtf! Installed the newest version of Windowls Live and this cheapy patch, whats wrong? And epic is wondering why this game was sold so bad. Where is a real working PATCH???
This Game is a joke for PC-Gamers.:mad:

Cobra

Dec 15, 2005
Montreal, Canada
Does it work by someone? I´ve got the message to put in the right CD/DVD, wtf! Installed the newest version of Windowls Live and this cheapy patch, whats wrong? And epic is wondering why this game was sold so bad. Where is a real working PATCH???
This Game is a joke for PC-Gamers.:mad:

uninstall the bios updater, it had work for me

and if it doe's not help go to

gearsofwar.com

all the fix are explaine there

Aloscha

Jan 27, 2008
Thanks,
the bios updater doesen´t change anything, but after two reinstallations it starts to work.:hmm:
But I have really no idea what the decisive point was. Just follows a few exampels from the GoW-forums.