building cones

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Laff

Mar 12, 2000
i've never figured out how to use the cone builder to build non-pointy cones, ie: flat topped. it's not hard to intersect one but still it'd be easier to just build it in the first place. can anyone offer any advice?

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
cant find it either :p, but actually, the 2d shape is better for it, its harder to do yes, takes more time, but its much better for the bsp, cause with a normal cylinder/cone the corners arent algined too the grid, thats not cool for bsp, its like working with grid off, with 2d shape they are aligned

Laff

Mar 12, 2000
yeah i never learned how to use that brush clipping thing...

as for using the 2d editor, why? i don't use perfect cones anyway, i always vertex edit them. it takes far more time to make it in 2d editor than to do it the way i have been doin it.

Laff

Mar 12, 2000
i manually set every vertex to the grid, every time. makes things cleaner.

Varpu

Novice Nali City Reviewer
May 21, 2001
Finland
furpile.com
The cone has some weird BSP thing in it. I have done this several times and I believe anyone can reproduce it:
Make a 8-sided cylidric 'room'. Then subtract a cone from the ceiling to make it look 'cool'. After this, put an elevator in the middle, a 8-sided tube to upper floor. And when You use the elevator, You notice ALWAYS an invisible collision hull in the ceiling opening. If that elevator is set up for crashing .... boom.