Zoom!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Traska

Dec 23, 2001
Visit site
Hey all. I'm new here.

This might be phenominally stupid, I freely admit that. But, here goes anyway =)

What about a mutator that binds a key (maybe with a Mod menu so you can choose the key, and maximum magnification) that enables you to zoom even without the zoom rifle? Basically, instead of the rifle zooming, it would be your actual vision.

I'd love to use UT4E's Phasor zoomed. Or the default shock rifle. Or other such =)

I really wish I could code. <Chuckle>

T

Wuder

The Rappy King
Dec 13, 2001
You mean like in Quake 3, where you can press a button, zoom and snipe with a rocket launcher? :)

Traska

Dec 23, 2001
Visit site
Heh. I guess so. Never played any of the Quake games, actually. My FPS experience is limited entirely to Doom, Duke Nukem, Tribes, and UT. =)

But yeah, that sounds like it. I mean, these guys are wearing helmets with HUDs aren't they?

T

Traska

Dec 23, 2001
Visit site
Ooooh, that's perfect!

(Not as perfect as an actual mutator mind you, but it gets the job done!)

Thanks bunches, I'll never be able to thank you enough =)

Nor will my targets ever forgive you. =D

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
It does not work on about 99.9% of online UT servers. strictly offline only.

Traska

Dec 23, 2001
Visit site
I gotta be honest, I'm not much of a PvP type of person... I play offline almost exclusively (pathetic, I know).

So this is perfect.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
it isn't THAT bad... I'm almost offline exclusive myself. :p