H_HBattles.zip The Return (Erdrik::::DarkMagic

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Call me Erdrik

Arch Mage
Nov 24, 1999
Spring Hill, FL, USA
www.geocities.com
OK Im setting this thread up for my SP maps:
H_H-Battles
H_H-GoodBattle
H_H-EvilPit

I have removed the cameras from H_H-Battles as requested, as they impeded on control and thus lowered playability.
H_H-Battles is pretty much finished.

I have started work on H_H-GoodBattle and I am about 30% done with the geometry, pathing, lighting, and Item Placment. I still need to work on ambeint sounds and more eye candy(can never have enough eye candy in a SP :lol: )

Ill have a new link up soon(not to mention some screen shots :D ).

Call me Erdrik

Arch Mage
Nov 24, 1999
Spring Hill, FL, USA
www.geocities.com
Welp I have done a LOT of work. so befor I go any farther I am going to open it for betas on the current areas.

H_H-Battle

Please tell me any suggestions ideas , ect....

oh H_HSP.u has some new actors:

SpiritsManta(with corpse)
SpiritsSkraaj(withCorpse)

and to new ammo types... but there still in dev elopment....

Last edited:

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
I started the GoodBattle, but then I died and I kept being spawnkilled by an invisible Krall, because I still had 12 health (after finding no health in the previous map).

Invisible enemies are BAD and you should never use them. Make them transparent or something.

Call me Erdrik

Arch Mage
Nov 24, 1999
Spring Hill, FL, USA
www.geocities.com
ummmm...... I don't have any invisable enemies in it.....

Did you start from UED,or you got OldSkool?....

Wait I just thought of something....
when you spawn into the GoodBattles map, are you looking directly at a stonewall? If so thats the problem. see your SUPPOSE to be looking the other way (where the first Krall enemy is) that way you can dodge the attack(I am probly going to make him ignore you untill triggered tho.... ) so if this is the case then jump and turn 180deg as soon as you spawn into the map....

If not.... Ill have to investigate.....

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
Oldskool. For one reason or another, the Krall were invisible. There was a shadow moving along the ground, but no Krall above it.

I'll try running OpenGL. Direct3d has issues with fog.

But making him ignore you until triggered is a good idea, since he fires a pulse round at you when you spawn facing the stone wall and it hits you before you can target the creature (well, when it's invisible).

Call me Erdrik

Arch Mage
Nov 24, 1999
Spring Hill, FL, USA
www.geocities.com
sorry about the delay in updating, I got a new job, and I am trying to code spells in time for DarkMagics next release, but I have gotten to a point in the coding were I can't go anyfarther until i get more info, so I think Ill start working on the maps again.........

Call me Erdrik

Arch Mage
Nov 24, 1999
Spring Hill, FL, USA
www.geocities.com
Whew.. I have been getting lazy latly :p

anyways, I made the Krall Ignore 'till triggered, Im having problems with part of the map and will have to change some geometre around be back soon.... maybe... Coding DarkMagic, Archetectual job, Maping DarkMagic, Maping SP.... sheesh why do I do this to myself?

.... eh Ill just have to crack the whip....

Call me Erdrik

Arch Mage
Nov 24, 1999
Spring Hill, FL, USA
www.geocities.com
WOW! I actually sat down and worked on the SP ! Im at work at the moment so Ill post new shots of it when I get home :p

THings Ive done:
1) I made the first Kralls Ignore untill triggered, so nomore spawn killing ;)
2) I changed the Pulse rifle to the Enforcer in the begining level
3) I changed the 'mystic portal' in 'Assult on all that is good' to a stone tunnel(its very basic and I will be detailing it in the near future.)
4) I put lights in the Hedge maze.
5) Fixed the SpiritsSkaarj from attacking too early.
6) Added a lower room beneath the Spirits chamber.

Im going to converge the Lower Room and the Spirits into the next Boss Arena and then add a partialy broken bridge spanning the greate blue yonder called the sky (don't fall ;) lol)

(incase those of you who have played it are wondering the Evil level will be completely different layout, for instance you won't have to worry about falling ;) lol)