Blood Mist Mutator

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kubera

Dec 7, 1999
Visit site
Just curious if anyone is making a mutator that adds the blood mist when you frag someone into gibs like in Q3A? It's the only thing in Q3A I like over UT, and it adds that little extra "That's gotta hurt" when fragging someone.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
Sorry I can't help you in your search for a Blood Mist Mutator.

Two other things I like in Q3A:

Little dust cloud behind somebody running over "dirt."

Ground hugging fog.

bullet2.gif

"There is no point in tip-toeing through life to get safely to death."
"Whom ever sacrifices freedom for security get's nor deserves either."

HuFlungzeDung

Nov 24, 1999
Kanada
Visit site
That's one of the things I liked about Q3, was that I knew when I was getting hit because of the blood splash on my screen. It's just more intuitive and gives you a faster chance to do something about it.

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Liz wouldnt it be possible to create ground hugging fog in UT too? Hmm dont the lights make fog in UnrealED? Couldnt ya just put some real close to the ground. What about the Unreal Flyby where there is just that one little zone of fog? When some Q3a screenies where first released, I coulda swore I saw somebody create this effect on an Unreal map to mimic the Q3 screenies.

bullet2.gif

If you have any problems with what I just said then I welcome you to click here.

[This message has been edited by LiquiD_SiN (edited 12-07-1999).]

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
www.nsa.gov
Yes Liq. I bet it is possible. But I'm not sure how to do it. I guess I'll have to play with "Nuke-A-Nali-Arena" some more. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

I'm thinking a sheet brush placed close to the floor and creating a new zone...

Mmmm...../Liz fires-up UrealEd....

bullet2.gif

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
Well I sorta did it but it doesnt look that good and when you jump it disappears. Damn I wish I knew the name of that map, it was a a copy of a quake 3 map and it had this cool looking red fog thing going for it.

bullet2.gif

If you have any problems with what I just said then I welcome you to click here.

NarkyBark

Nov 25, 1999
Boston, MA, USA
www.clock.org
Ground fog would be easy to do, merely place very small fog lights around near the floor.
I'm not sure how this would tax the system, since fog can be a big system hog. Perhaps that only works with large diameter fog lights though, I admittedly have never tried the ground effect...

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
www.nsa.gov
Ok here's one attempt.

The fog level is a bit too high, and doesn't cover the floor completely.

In order to cover the floor and reduce the hieght you would half to increase the number of lights and decrease the volume radius.

And it is a B I G system hog.

Note: This map sucks, I was just fooling around.

bullet2.gif

[This message has been edited by Lizard Of Oz (edited 12-07-1999).]

Kubera

Dec 7, 1999
Visit site
Well, if nobody is doing it then I'll give it a shot. This will be my first attempt with anything dealing with a game, so bare with me.. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.