Is this pic cool or what ?!?!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chand

Feb 16, 2000
LR, AR, US
www.planetchandler.com
Well, not INF related but take a look...

_639596_plane300.jpg

A F-18 caught precisely when breaking the sound barrier...can we have planes for INF 5.0 ? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

------------------
This is your brain...
THIS IS YOUR BRAIN ON INF... (bold /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)

Where did you see the picture? I saw it in a magazine where I live and that is the United Arab Emirates. The guy who took it won an award for it. Can anyone explain what the cloud is? I'm guessing its vapor from friction like when a plane pulls a tight turn.

Chand

Feb 16, 2000
LR, AR, US
www.planetchandler.com
Oh, I was wasting my time over at slashdot and they had a link to an uk page (I think) with this pic...

And yes, according to the page some Lt. John Gay (honest...sic) won an award for this.

And it's vapor allright... under trans-sonic flight (the "part" of flying when making the transition from sub to supersonic) the differences in air pressures and air speed on the different parts of the plane create shockwaves. This same shockwaves that produce the sonic boom also move the high-pressure, high-speed air over the lower-pressure, lower speed air.

The cloud cone is nothing more than water and other air impurities, compressed and collapsed due to this differences in pressure on trans-sonic flight.(*)

(*) At least that's what I could discern from the lenghty scientifical explanation on the page. I'm sure somebody here in the forum is/was part of some air force or air force related corp or has the sufficient science knowledge to make a correction or denial. Until then, it's 6:30 am, I'm going to bed and I stand by my comments /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

------------------
This is your brain...

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Well, nice pic, especially for a Hornet freak like me..
Still, I think the correct designation is F/A-18(showing that baby was built to act as fighter and attack aircraft..)
Do you still have a link to the big picture, or was it that small?
I'd like to have it too.
By the way, aircraft aren't a too bad idea for INF - just like artillery support, or something like that.

Snakeye

Chand

Feb 16, 2000
LR, AR, US
www.planetchandler.com
Snakeye, yes... I stand corrected. It's F/A-18. I'm not a Hornet freak, but I know enough NOT to have made that mistake. My bad. Please whip me.

Unfortunately, the pic was that size... it'd be great to have the original pic (if it won an award it shouldn't be SO hard to track down)...and make a really big poster. The ship gun pic that Warren posted too...

Though my wife would whack me really hard /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And being an aviation enthusiast it's only a matter of time for me to get good at UEd and make a map with planes. Maybe not in flight, but an AS type map where yor team have to secure a hangar or something like that. It's on my mental list /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

------------------
This is your brain...

Dark Knight

Mar 29, 2001
Visit site
Evidence that Pooh Bear has got his own back on Tigger...... Have a look at this .
/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I used to rock and roll all night and party every day. Then it was every other day. Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky.
-- Homer J. Simpson

Galaddin

Forum Drifter
Mar 15, 2000
Malaysia
Visit site
yeah, these pics are damn cool...
wonder what speeds the cameras are run at to get these photo's...

It is impossible for the glass to be half full or half empty for you see: there is no glass

Kibbles-N-Bits

Dec 7, 1999
Pics...

Both those awesome pics were done by the same dude... his camera equipment cost a cool 300 grand... heh. Talk about obsessions...

---------
Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.
---------

Meshuggah

Apr 24, 2000
Chandler, Az, USA
Visit site
Well, I read that winie the pooh story and It was absolutley Fabulous.

on another note, Does anybody know what happened to that post with that link that sent you to a page with Larry King talking about the word Fuck?

That was hilarious and I want to find it again.