Police Drone crashes into SWAT Team (Texas)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Duh. The auto shutdown mode should be modified so it stays hovering in the air until it picks up a signal again.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
The more I hear about Texas the louder the Benny Hill Theme gets in my mind whenever I hear something new about Texas.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I was gonna' say it's funny because it's Texas but Zxan beat me to the punch.

it's also beside the point.
the same thing would happen anywhere else. the real issue is the way our retarded Homeland Security policies have pushed urban militarization. you Tea Bagger cock suckers wanna' complain about government spending, start with the extremely bloated - and almost completely unnecessary - defense budget.

individual cities within the US do not need drones and armored tanks.
there's no such thing as domestic terrorism. if someone wants to blow up a government building like in Oklahoma, the only thing that's going to stop them is intelligence; not a local police force that is strapped to the teeth with military-grade weapons and armors.

Gir

Offensive mode!
Apr 23, 2000
Peking Eend.
Visit site
Jacks:SmirkingRevenge said:
individual cities within the US do not need drones and armored tanks.

Dude, I need drones and armored tanks. Fuck yes. I need that nonsense taped together flying around the street like a tornado.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
The more I hear about Texas the louder the Benny Hill Theme gets in my mind whenever I hear something new about Texas.

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvGRi_7DCiA[/m]

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
These drones are still a relatively young technology, relatively unproven, and relatively crash-prone.

This is what you get if you rush a product onto the market without adequate beta testing.

266838346641710546_apE0CJbw_c.jpg

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com

Discuss What? It appears to be fake. First off there is more then 1 sheriff's office in Montgomery county. Second, I couldn't find any record of them buying a drone in that county which should have made news or public record even if the crash hadn't. And third, it hasn't. No news source in that area is reporting any such thing. In fact only people reporting on it are 'news blogs' like salon.com... Not saying it isn't possible given the how crappy of an area that is. Just seems more a case of a fake and every1 wants to talk trash about Texas.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
  • Article's "source" = 404
  • Picture of Bearcat is from Nashville
  • No details on why SWAT was in action
  • Not a single quote in the article

Don't be lemmings, people. If one minute you are going to (rightfully) accuse Fox News for making something up, don't turn around the next minute and drink the Kool-aide of another "news" source.

Edit - and yes, I live in TX, but I'm not a Texas, and I am the last person to defend Texas of it's idiocracy.

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
[GU]elmur_fud;2578754 said:
Discuss What? It appears to be fake.

• Article's "source" = 404
  • Picture of Bearcat is from Nashville
  • No details on why SWAT was in action
  • Not a single quote in the article

Don't be lemmings, people. If one minute you are going to (rightfully) accuse Fox News for making something up, don't turn around the next minute and drink the Kool-aide of another "news" source.
so it's a fake story?
ok.

forgive us, but I don't think that this is really a case of "drinking the Kool-aid" from one source while ignoring it from another. this isn't Liberal news versus Conservative news. I think the reason no one questioned it is because it's just Gizmodo. because it's not Fox or NBC, I'm gonna' assume most people simply took it at face value.
like when Tom's Hardware posts technology news that happens to share crossover appeal with mainstream news.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Age of misinformation or information? You decide.

lol dictations.

Umpteenth edit:
While the original story may be a faux one (given that it's a tertiary source, and there's Nashville S.W.A.T. written on the bearcat), there are 13 state and local police agencies that have used drones or are training for usage. It's still a major privacy concern. The domestic ones are not to be outfitted with weapons, and they are only allowed to survey property when a warrant has been issued. They are (obviously) a less expensive alternative to police helicopters for surveillance, but still prone to user error, which is why I wasn't exactly skeptical of the drone crashing into a swat team. The idea that drones are being used is still pretty damn scary.

Last edited:

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
Lol Texas.

I was gonna' say it's funny because it's Texas but Zxan beat me to the punch...

I think you people are way to quick to jump on the 'lets bash Texas' bandwagon as illustrated very well by the above and leap at any excuse to ridicule and belittle that which you disagree with. Bullying doesn't help. Nobody listens to bullies.