Small Gold 'U' Symbol Hidden in Maps

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

~Psycho~

Nov 10, 1999
The other day I discovered a small gold Unreal 'U' logo on a ledge in some map (can't remeber where now). Is there an explanation for this? Is it some kind of secret? :)

AWW SNACK

Feb 13, 2009
There's one in DM-Mojo II. Don't know the exact location, but I'm going to guess that its an easter egg.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
Its kinda of like a signature mappers do to follow up a tradition done in several other games. I've also seen those in some Quake3a maps. They usually are in places below the map so that a player can see them while they fall so they can discuss about it later just like you're doing.

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
The one in DM-Mojo][ is located near corner one of the lift areas.
Another map that comes in mind is DM-Shrapnel][, it's in proximity of shield belt area.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
This is an easter egg. Those who played the beta version of Unreal Tournament OR tested an early build of my Forgotten Classics Bonus Pack which uses this resource will know more. Yes, Raynor, I mean YOU.

What I mean in detail is the blue background logomap where this rotating U is way bigger.

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
Yep, now that you say so, almost forgot that lol :p That's where it originates.

~Psycho~

Nov 10, 1999
ThWhat I mean in detail is the blue background logomap where this rotating U is way bigger.

Oh, is that what the original menu screen was? a big spinning U? That would have been cool... a bit like the end of the Unreal 2 intro movie.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Yeap, spinning Unreal logo with a blue background (a grey version is still in one of the UT's FX packages). There are some videos on YouTube showing that.

~Psycho~

Nov 10, 1999
What a cool menu! Is there any way to alter UT GOTY so that it has that instead of just the black screen with the words "Unreal Tournament"?

lactantius

Mar 4, 2010
ut beta

Ow i,m sorry didn't notice it url was for linux only.
I remember a few years ago i did download this beta from somewhere on the internet for windows.
I just didn't save the url in favorites.
Btw thanks all for reply!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJTgMUqxqQ0

Look at the bots they are spinning when you shoot them to dead.

deck 16

deck 16 ut 99 beta

The spinning ut logo looks bether the the original version.

Last edited:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
If anyone is interested I made a mutator that shows the golden U at spawn points.