Yeah, another conversion...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
I'm surfing on the renewal of activity generated by the WP 1.5 to release this small conversion i did a while ago, but which didn't seem worthy of a public release at the time. With the amount of new maps we are currently getting this is better than nothing i figured.
It's a medium-small urban map taken from TO and called Thunderball2. I'm releasing it as a beta for now because i'm not entirely sure the map is bug free.
Download link here.

frenchfrog

The mighty batrachian
Jan 18, 2004
Quebec, Canada
www.ghostdogs.net
Thanks Ant, nice map, I think i'll ask n1 to put it on their server,

Small remarks:

-Your host is slow (was downloading at 10k/s) :p
-Could you change the name of your 'README.txt' to DM-INF-Thunderball2-beta1_README.txt or something

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Nice to see you posting maps again ant. Coincidentally i just stumbled upon this mod that may have some good maps too. Maybe the author, who is active in the community as far as i can tell, will help converting them for inf.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
I'll look into winter ransom, but i probably won't convert verdon for 2 reasons : there's a very big ladder that can't be used with inf's current ladder system (or rather lack of such system ;)), and also the map is very linear, which is bad for dtas (unless you like nade spammage).
About my host, yes i know it's slow for ppl outside europe, but that's the only one i have. Also, why do you care about the name of the readme ? I thought nobody read these anyway :).

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
There's this TO map whch is large. It has tunnels (sewers) and some sort of trainstation and also indoor areas. I don't know the name btw.

Liked Thunderball ant.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
Thunderball is one of those you sent me iirc. I remember looking at them and finding very few valuable maps. I'll look again, but i'm probably gonna fix macedonia as my next assignement.

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
ant75 said:
Thunderball is one of those you sent me iirc. I remember looking at them and finding very few valuable maps. I'll look again, but i'm probably gonna fix macedonia as my next assignement.
Yay! he was listening to the pleas from the masses!

Maybe during the fixing of macedonia you could add some more shrubs and soft cover if performance can handle it? It would be especially cool to add some grass using the grass deco that Opfor used in his maps such as BirkbyRevisited.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
Yep, that's why i don't think i'll add any more decos.

Last edited: