BSEMapVote 0.6 Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

EQ²

Code Monkey
Oct 30, 2004
Near Birmingham, UK
www.teambse.co.uk
If you don't know what this is all about, take a look at the previous threads about MapVote 0.4 and MapVote 0.5. This version is mainly bug-fixes (some minor, some not so minor) but does incorporate some new features.

Bug-fixes in this version
  • Fixed the bug which meant that trying to join a non-mapvote server after joining a mapvote-enabled server resulted in "connection failed".
  • Fixed console-mode mapvote not appearing when the GUI is disabled.
  • Fixed last map in rotation not being displayed in the vote list.
  • Completely (finally) fixed the admin-mapvote-causes-lag-spike bug.
New features in this version
  • Added end-of-match next-map display, and player can press USE at this point to initiate a vote.
  • All votes after match end are treated as votes for next map.
  • Added support for IRC-style commands in chat, the following commands are supported:
    • !mapvote - same as the console command
    • !mapvotecfg - same as the console command
    • !nextmap - displays the next map on-screen for all players
    • !thetime - displays the current server-side time on-screen for all players
    • !motd - (re)displays the Message Of The Day
Downloading/Installing

All required files can be found here. Full instructions for installation and use can be found in the readme.txt file.

Screenshots

The end-of-match display

Click to enlarge

[jetronic]

Nov 14, 2005
i dunno if its a problem with it, but we played on your server and after a mapvote the dp times where 4 hours...really 4 hours lol

Saiboat

Apr 14, 2004
well done eq... really enjoying your mutator

Last edited by a moderator:

Saiboat

Apr 14, 2004
only half way friendly actually, but saver of worlds jackal deleted the other half :(

garbage

a.k.a. Del!Rium
Oct 23, 2005
Holland>all
www.tbc-xmp.co.uk
I think gecko's bug is quite common, I have it every time too. The words in the screen "Press 'use' to mapvote now" keep being displayed until the new game starts. However, if you disconnect while viewing that scorelist, the words will stay. Even in the menu or serverlist..

EQ²

Code Monkey
Oct 30, 2004
Near Birmingham, UK
www.teambse.co.uk
Yep, I know about that bug, I noticed it pretty much straight away. There's basically a weird issue with whatever you write to the HUD last seems to have a higher draw-order than the menu (UI) system. I normally get around this by just writing some random text off-screen, but for some reason that little trick didn't work this time. I've found an alternative now which does work.

I'm trialling 0.6.6 on my server at the moment which fixes this bug, and adds a few small features that people have asked for, such as being able to disable the Message Of The Day and being able to autobind the arrow keys to navigate mapvote (for people who don't have/don't like mousewheels). It's also the first version which renders the player names in colour (rather than just in green).

Try it out and let me know what you think. I'll make a post soon if it turns out I haven't broken something else whilst I've been fiddling with it.

Last edited:

Whitey

[pet]flamingo
Jul 1, 2005
Bleeder said:
<3 for 0.6.6

Not everyone has a mouse..

Trackballz > mice
He speaks the Truth.
Especially the <3 and the >
And thanks for keeping up the good work EQ

Last edited:

Whitey

[pet]flamingo
Jul 1, 2005
hmmm today for some reason... when the vote popped up... I had a serious FPS drop... hasn't happened to me before, but it went away as soon as I voted. Odd.

Last edited:

Creig

Back from the dead
Apr 17, 2003
Visit site
Yeah great job on the mapvote EQ2. I surely wished my clanmates would stop f@*cking around with BF:2 and get on with coming back to XMP. I wanted our 32 man server back <---*cries*

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
SmotPoker said:
Lies? Trackballs can be destroyed for all I care. Why haven't you upgraded?
Because a high-dpi drafters trackball costs $$$$$$$
So I'm stuck with this 150-dpi pos trackball

Btw I think mapvote 0.6.6 has some issues :(