INF Coop server with Unreal (I) maps?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Would you play on an INF Coop Server running all maps from Unreal and Unreal:RTNP ?

• Yes. I would even buy Unreal/RTNP in order to play. (Cheap on eBay or Amazon)

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Yes and I already own Unreal and RTNP.

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • No. But I would if you use maps which are freely available (e.g.Operation Na Pali)

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • No.

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

Stinkmarder

[JgKdo]
Feb 3, 2001
Germany
Would you play on an Infiltration Coop Server running all maps from "Unreal" and "Unreal Mission Pack: Return to Na Pali"?
(Means: Players (all in one team) with INF weaponry fighting monsters on the way through the Unreal world)

I consider setting up such a server if at least some people are interested in it. So please vote!

--
There are some issues which need to be addressed in order to make all maps playable, e.g. in "DasaPass" you have to jump down on a ledge which isn't possible in INF without dying.
But I already have an idea of how to work around it without changing the maps... Now all I need is some time to implement it...

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
Nice idea :), i did that kind of server few month ago with few players a sunday afternoon and it was really fun, what i used ?

MonsterHunt mutator (this one) in Coop mode. Maybe you could use their maps.

Now a mod ? (could use their maps here too...)
www.planetmonsterhunt.com
FromPlanetMonsterHunet.com said:
Monster Hunt is a team based modification for Unreal Tournament comprising of two new game types, Monster Hunt and Monster Arena.

In Monster Hunt, you and your team of hunters (humans or bots) must work your way through the level while killing everything that stands in your way. Monsters you'll face range from the tiny but deadly Pupae, to slimy Sliths that spew blobs of slime at you, to the huge stone-throwing Titans.

Monster Hunt is the perfect blend of multiplayer and single single player, single player in the sense that the levels and style of Monster Hunt are very much like that of a single player game, but the team based gameplay gives it a great multiplayer feel.

Players must work as a team to survive, players on their own will be overpowered by the monsters and sent back to the beginning of the level. Players shouldn't grab all the health and ammo as they come to it, it should be shared out amongst the players who need it most, or you could let one player grab lots of health and pick-ups and he can then charge the monsters to weaken them, the other players following. All this also adds a bit of strategy to the gameplay.

Monster Arena is very differant from Monster Hunt, in Monster Arena, you and your team aren't batteling your way through the level to get to the boss at the end, rather you are faced with one extremely powerful monster that must be killed.
Here on Planetmonsterhunt.com we pride ourselves on bringing you quality content to run and maintain your own server as well as communicate with others who play MonsterHunt. We also bring you the most detailed news and information that concerns this Unreal Tournament Mod. We are glad to provide downloads for maps and utlities to help you run one of the best, if not the best MonsterHunt server around. For those of you gutsy enough to take on the missions solo, you can also benefit from these downloads and the variety of information we provide.

Edit: game settings i used are 99 team respawn. (then you can suicide to get new ammos)

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Yes, yes and yes.

Playing Unreal Co-op often, always wanted to play it with INF weapons (M249SAW ownage). This would be even with INF player models.

Stinkmarder

[JgKdo]
Feb 3, 2001
Germany
Lemon.fr said:
MonsterHunt mutator (this one) in Coop mode. Maybe you could use their maps.

Now a mod ? (could use their maps here too...)
www.planetmonsterhunt.com

Edit: game settings i used are 99 team respawn. (then you can suicide to get new ammos)
This is not exactly what I had in mind.

IMHO just slaughtering monsters will become boring very soon.

I want the Unreal story; want to find my way to the map exit.
Not just Deathmatch against Monsters.

No respawns. I want to have very little ammo. I want to be forced to think about conserving ammo. I want to pick up every little piece of ammo you can find (there is some - INF doesn't replace destroyable crates with ammo inside). I want to use teamwork - I want someone to cover me if I need to reload during a attack.

Hopes that makes it a bit more clear.

Last edited:

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
Stinkmarder said:
I want the Unreal story; want to find my way to the map exit.
Thats what MonsterHunt provides, 2 types of maps in fact: MH (monsterHunt with story to find exit) and MA (monsterArena) basic deathmatchs. (come try it here: 82.234.161.179:17777, online for few hours only)
Whatever i would try the unreal maps, i have it with my GOTY edition but only tried first level :)

Last edited:

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
I want to play unreal single player. I found info about how to get around the translator problem but is it possible to make a simple mutie that makes an INF compatable translator you can spawn?

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I played pretty long custom "Star Gate" campaigns of 15 chapters on an Unreal co-op server.
The Krall were like the Jaffa and their staffs fired the typicall yellow energy projectiles.
You visited various villages and temples in the desert, labyrinths and so on.
AWESOME.

Also various custom levels, like a HUGE aztec temple complex, where you fight against the mercs.

I can only say, the custom co-op levels from unreal are almost 100% better than the original. The temple missions are my most favorites.

---

Here are the two best custom level download pages:

Zora's Website.

UnrealSP (look the "Community" section and than go to the "Custom map reviews" page).

The Stargate Campaign ("stargatetlse.ace" 15 chapters).

---

Would be good to play this from the UT INF game, because the ingame download is faster in UT.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Imagine moving around with a P90, or MP5 through the levels :D. The cammo should be the SG-1 green ;).

One thing that HAVE TO be changed is the damage value. It should be realistic, where few rifle hits disable a normal Skaarj, a Krall etc, so you can use precise shots and save ammo for the further mission.
To make it even more immersive the next chapter keeps your previous ammo count. But people probably will reconnect to gain full ammo again.

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
Cool. Thanks a lot. I'll give these a shot. I'm assuming these are run and gun with no storyline (which doesn't bother me). I like the immersion of storyline in some of the maps I downloaded like maps by Ezikiel (or however you spell his name) he has one that's puzzle after puzzle and it's very immersive. However without the translator, playing the map is somewhat pointless.

I'm downloading these now thanks for the heads up psych.

Edit: I have no understanding of Unreal code but I've done a lot of muckign around with UED in the past. I discovered on Unreal wiki that the translator itself is simply an on and off switch and the HUD contains the mechanisms for reading the TranslatorEvents placed in the maps.

IF someone were to make an mutator there's two possible routes.

One would be a mutator to bring the unreal 1 HUD into infiltration. (yuck) but possibly the simplest way

The other would be to create a whole new Item that could be placed i nthe load out called the translator that has custom code that can interact with translator events in maps. I have no idea on the viability of such an option. Cna any coders let me know if this is possible?

Last edited:

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
Hold on there Tex. I gotta get past next weeks finals before I start firing up any videogames. After next week it's all gravy.

Stinkmarder

[JgKdo]
Feb 3, 2001
Germany
Sorry for the delay. I've been quite busy this week.
I set up a coop server with Unreal I maps. Its address is

inf.cerberon.net:17777

(It doesn't seem to show up in the server browser. Dunno why yet...)

There is also a web page with server infos and a short installation how-to:
http://inf.cerberon.net

I'd be happy if one of those 5 people having INF and Unreal could check it out and report to me if it works.
I had some problems with clients disconnecting on map change before. Not sure if it fixed now.

The translator isn't working yet. I plan to code a HUD mutator which makes it usable with UT/INF.

UPDATE: Translator works now :)

Last edited:

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
Thank you for this new server, i will try it this week-end
armata_PDT_24.gif
(need to install unreal files)

Stinkmarder said:
(It doesn't seem to show up in the server browser. Dunno why yet...)
Try with another game mode (no coop), i have the same problem, it seems coop games aren't reported to master server or something, i didn't try to fix it.