Unreal Tournament Revolution Alpha Released!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
The Unreal Tournament Revolution team (including yours truly! :) ) are proud to announce the release of the Alpha Version of Unreal Tournament Revolution, the UTGOTY TC for UT2004.
UTR Alpha Release has the core features and gameplay in, and aims to be a solid base upon which we can tweak and upgrade with the help of the UT community to become the true continuation of the legend that began it all. Combining the vastly improved netplay and visual features of UT2004 with the classic feel and atmosphere, UTR Alpha Release includes the return of such weapons as the Dual Enforcers, Impact Hammer, and Ripper. Our upgraded Flak Cannon should also give you a small taste of what is being planned for the Beta stages...
The team has posted links to various filemirrors where you can download the meaty 350 MB Alpha on their site, but of course, we have it here on Fileworks as well. :)

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Like i said the other thread, Get ECE. You should already have it anyway.

EDIT: Anyway, Dear DP, thread closer

I got a few question about this 'mod'. 250 MB must be a worty

1)Does it include all the teamcolor skins from UT99 so i could play CTF4 without having to download another extra 50 MB pack
2) How many maps are converted yet? I don't see any list anywhere on the site.
3) Does it ONLY CONTAIN ut99 stuff or you guys added a bunch of U2 weapons?

Last edited:

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Kantham said:
Like i said the other thread, Get ECE. You should already have it anyway.

EDIT: Anyway, Dear DP, thread closer

I got a few question about this 'mod'. 250 MB must be a worty

1)Does it include all the teamcolor skins from UT99 so i could play CTF4 without having to download another extra 50 MB pack
2) How many maps are converted yet? I don't see any list anywhere on the site.
3) Does it ONLY CONTAIN ut99 stuff or you guys added a bunch of U2 weapons?

1) I believe we have Teamskins included.
2) 8 Maps:
  • DM-Stalwart-XL(A)
  • DM-Curse][-(A)
  • DM-Liandri(A)
  • DM-Grinder(A)
  • DM-Morbias][-(A)
  • CTF-Coret(A)
  • CTF-November(A)
  • CTF-Oraxin(A) (UTR Exclusive)
3) Pure UT99. No Silly U2 Stuff like UT][TC had. Simply put, as has been said all along, "If it's not in UT, it's not in UTR."

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
I was playing TDM in Grinder earlier today. At one point I almost thought I was actually playing the original UT. It makes me cri ;_;

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Ok i'll give it a try then.

EDIT: looking at the FAQ. CS bots were better inside CS:S. But UT99 Bots were WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Better in ut99.

Hell, the bots in ut2004 have 100 % flak accuracy from close, and when they see you , all they do it couch and shot at you. Who the hell was in charge for ut2004 bots anyway?

Last edited:

Gnome

The Gnome that knows
Feb 23, 2003
Indianapolis
wormhole.tauniverse.com
Direly needs more maps, but otherwise it's good work. Some things felt ever so slightly off, but it's been a while since I really played UT99 so I might be wrong. The main thing that felt odd to me was the dual enforcers... they seemed either less accurate or less powerful than before, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Again, I could just be imagining that, I'd have to go install UT99 again to find out. It's definitely not something I'd cry about anyway ;)