How about BU sending some community questions to Epic?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wowbagger

Curing the infection...
May 20, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
I dunno if you guys (BU) try to do this frequently or not but i guess chances are better if a site like BU compiles them and then present them to Epic?

Edit: Updated and sorted (in my own wierd way :))

Characters
- Will we be able to gib dead bodies? Vault

- We've seen some very impressive facial animation in the various trailers for UT2007, how will this be presented in the game? Will characters automatically make expressions when they score a kill/flag/take damage, etc? SirYawnalot

- What kind of ratio will we be seeing between new characters and updated characters, and will the big three (Xan, Malcolm, Gorge) be among them? SirYawnalot

Weapons
- Can you put ripper blades as the secondary for the enforcer???? pretty please with a drunken cherry on top????? Vault

- Will there be any physics_based weapon, like the stake gun in painkiller? moonflyer

Engine
- In UT2007, will the ragdolls still slide even on the tiniest slope as if theres no friktion at all or will they lie still/roll instead? Wowbagger

- Will making crosshair packs be a fairly easy process like in UT2004? Kyllian

- What kind of improvements to UnrealScript can we expect? Wormbo

- Will there be any new technology to simulate fluid in UT2K7? moonflyer

- What bigger changes are you planning to do to the Master Server? Wowbagger

- In UT2004 there was Voice Activation in the game but it was broken.
Any chances it will be fully supported in UT2007? Wowbagger

- Will UTV have better support this time around making the UTV servers visible in the Server Browser, easier to setup etc? (after all its very easy to setup a game server and get it to show up in the server browser) Wowbagger

- How are custom crosshairs going to be handled in UT2007? Kyllian

- Will you be able to blow someone up in midair, or will they fall to the ground at an uneventful 20m/s/s. ThirtySixBelow

- Will we have better demoplay support in UT2007? CNcoder

- Will we be able to play backward the demo this time? CNcoder

- Can we see the weapon when playing a demo? I hope to watch a demo just like I'm spectating a live game. CNcoder

- Will the bots be able to actually search you? Meaning -> I have no idea what it's like in UT2004, but say in ctf when you cap -> Do they always know where you are? NeoNite

- Will there be anything new in the movement system? moonflyer

- Will you use the 1UUnit = 1 inch system or the 16 UUnits = 1 foot system?
And, will the playerscale be somewhat like ut99 or ut2k7? rk

- How do you tend to fix the teamcolor problem lots of players seem to have? Would you let us fix our own teamcolors, or at least give us multiple choices? rk

- Will all deathsequences be in first person? Could you make it an option -> Being able to choose between first/third person. NeoNite

- What kind of a graphical menu system can we expect? Will it be like UT or UT2003/4? truegamer

-Will the seamless technology to stream from level to level have any hit on the gameplay, kind of like the level having to load while you are in play causing a general drop in performance? If not, how will this streaming be handled? truegamer

- Games such as FEAR has some sort of a first person view that lets you see your own feet and such when you look down. You can also see your own shadow sometimes. Will this be included in UT2007?: )rk

-What can we expect from the translocator? Cru

-Is grabbing the large part of the UT99 community who did not embrace (a lot actually hated) the ut2k*'s a priority with this next game? Cru

- Will players gib properly when you splat them good? gades

- Will we be able to damage the terrain? if so, to what extent will it be done? Growler

Gameplay
- Which steps (if any) will be taken to avoid this kind of dispute within the community? In other words: how will you convince 'old-skool' players to give onslaught and conquest more than a quick glance? And vice versa: how will the classical gametypes attract those that only want vehicles in their game? Taleweaver

- What do you plan to do as far as changing ONS for more balance. ThirtySixBelow

- What's the current state of movement/dodgability in UT2007? I'm remembering an earlier interview where it was said that the dynamic would be closer and more in-your-face, rather like UT1 (as opposed to UT200x where you rarely get a good look at your opponent's face). I assume you have the movement options confirmed now as it's necessary for map design, so I'm sure the competitive community especially will want to know the main differences in the central gameplay dynamic (throwing vehicles and other extras out of the window temporarily). Cheers! SirYawnalot

- What kind of armor system will you use. ThirtySixBelow

- Will the jumpboots be back as an official pickup? moonflyer

- How will point scoring in CTF work? Truegamer

- What can we expect for singleplayer? Will it be sportlike at all (season schedule - advance, win or lose, and hope you are one of the top teams to get into the playoffs) or similar to the lose-and-try-again setup in UT2003/UT2004? Will there be any sort of a story-mode like in Unreal Championship II? Additionally, what kind of unlocks can we expect this time around (UT on Dreamcast had about 20 maps you could unlock for Instant-Action use, UC2 had the mutators and characters you could unlock, UT2003/UT2004 had boss unlocks, etc.)? Also, will bloodrights and competing for money be returning in the same fashion it was presented in UT2004? truegamer

- Will there be two teams (red and blue) or more, like in the original UT (red, blue, green, gold)? truegamer

Vehicles
- Will we "see" the damage being done on the vehicles as they become more battle-weary? Growler

- Will a player be able to carry the flag while on the HB? I could see some potential problems if they can. Neophoenix

- How many players will be allowed to attach to a given vehicle at one time? Neophoenix

- Will the amount of players be dependant on how large the vehicle is? Neophoenix

- Will the amount of players attached to a lighter vehicle reduce the vehicle's speed incrementally? Neophoenix

- Will the board set up slowly so it can’t be used to dodge a flak ball? Neophoenix

- Must a player stand still to set up a hover board? Neophoenix

MISC
- Why are you calling it UT2007 instead of UT3/4? Turns2Ashes

- Will we still get a nocd-patch with the second or third patch release? MuLuNGuS

- Will the loading screen be different from the one of ut2k3,4? Will we see loading bar and custom background picture for each map? moonflyer

- Can you put out a video which is more than 100x200 and lasts for more than 1 minute? Thank you. Rambowjo

- It's been most of the year since we saw any new media from UT2007; I think it shows integrity not to bombard us with a cascade of droolery but do you have any plans for showing off a more recent build of the game in the near future? SirYawnalot

Fire away Hal! :D

Last edited:

Vault

May 29, 2005
-Will we be able to gib dead bodies?

-Will you give me the cash to upgrade my machine?

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
We'd be glad to send them in. All I ask is that you try to make sure you aren't asking something that has already been answered, and you try to be diplomatic in your approach. Keep in mind too that they are a long way off and may not want to get into too many specifics.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Wowbagger said:
I guess youre refering to the fact that Feigning Death will be back?
Yea, should be interesting to see how theyll solve that.
Maybe if there is feign death, then if you're feigning, you die in one shot. That way your body gibs no matter what. :p

That way you'd have the added risk of not firing, and dying in one shot, but you'll also have the rewardof snekaing up on the guy if they ignore you.

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
hal said:
We'd be glad to send them in. All I ask is that you try to make sure you aren't asking something that has already been answered, and you try to be diplomatic in your approach. Keep in mind too that they are a long way off and may not want to get into too many specifics.

I think there are some rather good and valid threads on this site, and Think it would be an excellent idea to send them in.

Wowbagger

Curing the infection...
May 20, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
JohnDoe641 said:
Maybe if there is feign death, then if you're feigning, you die in one shot. That way your body gibs no matter what. :p

That way you'd have the added risk of not firing, and dying in one shot, but you'll also have the rewardof snekaing up on the guy if they ignore you.

Well i guess there should be some disadvantage for lying down in the killing field :)

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
I think the ragdoll point is fairly valid. I was always rather disappointed at the way corpses just slide around in 2k3/4. Would be much more realistic and impressive if corpses rolled around with flailing limbs and so on :)

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
Turns2Ashes said:
Why are you calling it UT2007 instead of UT3/4?
I think the question wouldn't just be that, but why not something more imaginative, like they did with UC2. "Unreal Championship 2: Landri Conflict." I would rather see "UT2007: [enter title here]" And I'm sure it would generate more interest by new comers.

Last edited:

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
It could be called Unreal Barbie Ultimate Dollhouse 2007 Extreme and I would still play it, why do people care about what it's called so much?

K.N.I.F.E

Dressed in Pink
Jun 4, 2005
In Nathan's base
kevan.org
I don't even think you can send something to epic. They don't even let put up there contact email so a robot can respond. I better be careful what I say though. Epic secret agents are climbing on the top of BUF fourums and will initiate a hangover on whoever says THAT THEY ARE SO FREAKING SECRETIVE ABOUT THE FREAKING NECRIS VEHICLES THAT I WANT TO FREAKING DRIVE SO MUCH!ARRRRRRAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH. But I wouldn't say that. :)

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
Rambowjo said:
Aww you just did!

Uh btw I am Epic undercover without I know it! Isn't that right Neophoenix (say yes!!)

Of course you are mate...

Everyone, run as far away as you can, this guy is nutz. lol ;)