Kamikaze Mutator

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
This is a funny little mutator we got in the news box today. Basically, it replaces shield pickups with a "Kamikaze" powerup, which is basically a Redeemer that attaches to your back. Press "Use" to blow yourself to kingdom come! I've attached the file in the Comments thread. Screenshots are included in the archive, but here is one for your time.

Attachments

• Kamikaze.rar
    410.5 KB · Views: 204
Last edited by a moderator:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Of course :) You should only use a vehicle if you are blowing it up :)

(I don't really know, I haven't tested it that extensively :)

BillyChaka

"Set the building on fire..."
Oct 25, 2005
Your mom.
www.xfire.com
i think you should have the choice to like, bind a key. so like, when you're surrounded, press Z and KA BLAMMMO. or make an ion painter version. and there's something sorta like taht in CHAOSUT (an awesome mod, might i add)

kami1.jpg

then turns into
kami2.jpg

showering needles EVERYWHERE!

Ikkuh

Phear the nades
Apr 19, 2005
Just another Dutchie
Sir_Brizz said:
Of course :) You should only use a vehicle if you are blowing it up :)

(I don't really know, I haven't tested it that extensively :)

Well, I had some fun with it :lol:

You can enter and exit vehicles safely without blowing up, so it's ONS-proof :D

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Woohoo! :) I think it's a great idea for ONS, because it should be easier to find weapons that you can Kamikaze vehicles with.

ThirtySixBelow

tactical inaccuracy
Feb 6, 2005
I think it's pretty funny, though not sure it would ever be practical. FragBu would just consist of everyone running around for that and blowing the crap out of all the vehicles in the map rather than playing the game.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I can't imagine this being very fun after five minutes. Having a redeemer blow up your node every 30 seconds is cool? It's bad enough every 110 like usual, and those are almost always kamikaze raptor dives anyway. Multiple redeemer explosions in rapid succession as several enemies camp the shields, anyone? Sounds pretty annoying to me. :(