Google Talk?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

.altan

Tomorrow
Dec 22, 2001
I'm logged on at talk.google.com with Fire, which supports Jabber accounts. Use your GMail address and password to log in and make sure to turn on SSL and Verify Certificate (or their equivalents in your IM client).

Also, I think the client looks pretty horrible. Why do 90% of new applications for Windows insist on having their own theme instead of using the standard operating system widgets?

Last edited:

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
.altan said:
Also, I think the client looks pretty horrible. Why do 90% of new applications for Windows insist on having their own theme instead of using the standard operating system widgets?

That's one of my current biggest OS bitches.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
This thing is going to have to be pretty pimpy to make me want it. I use MSN with my GF using the video option, and use Skype for voice chat at the same time. I am going to wait and see how this thing matures.

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
I downloaded the Google Talk client. It's clean and simple but doesn't look right against my XP Energy Blue theme. I'm playing around with it's options now. It lacks all that advertising sh*t MSN and AIM have which is really nice. It's also taking up about 9mb's of system resources which is another plus.

I like so far. :):tup: Google's always making good stuff. Hopefully this takes off.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
its not microsoft taking over the world, its freaking google! The cool thing is that i'll use anything and everything google related because google rocks. :D

_Zd_3s_

Regristered User
Dragon_Myr said:
It lacks all that advertising sh*t MSN and AIM have which is really nice.
Can be easily removed, of course. I would post the MSN "customization patch", but I'm not sure if it's legal. Lets you remove just about anything from your MSN window.

This is all what's left of mine, right now.

Attachments

• messenger.JPG
    messenger.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 53

iolair

Mostly Harmless
Jun 4, 2001
Asturias, España
neil.gratton.org
_Zd_3s_ said:
Can be easily removed, of course. I would post the MSN "customization patch", but I'm not sure if it's legal. Lets you remove just about anything from your MSN window.

Does that bottom entry mean what I think it means?

ZenPirate

Nov 21, 2000
New York
tool said:
its not microsoft taking over the world, its freaking google! The cool thing is that i'll use anything and everything google related because google rocks. :D

I find MSN messenger useful for two things. Letting me know when friends have signed on to xbox live, and whe doing XP remote assistance. Google talk might be useful for IM with forumers, however.

asiebold_at_gmail_dot_com
*edited*

Last edited:

ZenPirate

Nov 21, 2000
New York
_Zd_3s_ said:

/me waits for a patch for yesterday's 7.5 messenger release :D

G-Lite

ftw
Jul 25, 2000
g-lite.kochen.nl
Seems you can only connect to other gmail folks on google. Talk.google.com doesn't connect out to other jabber servers.

Looking at the site this'll probably be fixed in a while though.

<gee.lite at gmail dot com> for google or <g-lite at jabber dot org> :)

Last edited: