Weird UED problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OmegaDMF

Jul 27, 2004
Hello all, I have a very unusual problem with UED 3. I cannot select anything in the view ports at all, and when I opened the Log window, it says cmd fire, cmd alt fire etc whenever I use any of the mouse buttons. It is affecting both UT2k3 and 2k4 editors, but not UED2. Can anyone help me with this?

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Angel_Mapper said:
Disable anti-aliasing in your video card settings or set it to Application Preference.

Although I know about the anti-aliasing thing, why is clicking/selecting actors/surfaces in the editor related about AA? Is it part of the unrealed bugs/"features"? :B

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
"Feature." If you use AA and play Rainbow Six 3 you can't even click on the planning map. Not that anyone would play that crappy game, but whatever.

There's a sticky post about white viewports... Why isn't there one about this question? It's been asked seriously a thousand times. It's obvious no one actually reads the FAQ. :rolleyes:

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Turns2Ashes said:
"Feature." If you use AA and play Rainbow Six 3 you can't even click on the planning map. Not that anyone would play that crappy game, but whatever.

There's a sticky post about white viewports... Why isn't there one about this question? It's been asked seriously a thousand times. It's obvious no one actually reads the FAQ. :rolleyes:

Or people have to stop being noobs and rtfm. :)

OmegaDMF

Jul 27, 2004
Thanks for the replies, but The thing that is weird is that the editors never used to behave in that way, plus it only effects the 2kx editors not the old 2.0 version. perhaps its the fact I have a new graphics card. Sorry for being a nuisence, but I only visit the BU forums not the whole site. well at least now I can resume my map work.

]F|T[Corvus

Deus Ex Machina
Aug 15, 2005
Germany
www.nemesis-mod.cjb.net
The UED 2.0 didn't have that bug because the engines didn't support FSAA. If FSAA is on, you graphics card renders 2, 4 or even 8 times the number of pixel it would render without. If you are now clicking on an objct (a button, an actor, etc.) the unreal engine recognizes 2, 4 or 8 pixels selceted at ones, and can't define which action has to be done.

Open your desktop-properties, select the advanced options and turn the FSAA function inside your graphics card's options off.