Mutator to show spawnpoints?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

I_LoveToKill

Danish Bastard!
Nov 11, 2001
Denmark
I was wondering if anyone knows of a mutator that shows the playerstarts?

I usually open the maps in the editor and memorize them and make screenshots with the spawns for the rest of my clan members, but it would be great if there was a mutator that showed them in the game while playing as this would help tremendously in memorizing them faster.

I guess I could edit the maps and place a recognizable static mesh by the spawns but a mutator would be easier.

Hmm, is there a way to set some property of the spawnpoints to make them visible?

Gravesanth

May 23, 2004
A mutator would be handier but it is possible to make the spawnpoints visible by modifying the map.

Open the map in the editor and go to a spawnpoint's properties. Go under Advanced and set bHidden to False. Additionally, you could set DrawScale under Display to 3.0 to make them bigger. Do this for all the spawnpoints and you're done.

Of course, the easiest way is to play a map night after night with your clanmates and let them know the map simply by playing it a lot :)

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
I remember in Unreal and UT, typing showall would show all the symbols for objects you would see in the editor, but starting in UT2k3, this did not actually show everything, including spawn points, pathnodes, or lights. :hmm:

I_LoveToKill

Danish Bastard!
Nov 11, 2001
Denmark
Gravesanth said:
A mutator would be handier but it is possible to make the spawnpoints visible by modifying the map.

Open the map in the editor and go to a spawnpoint's properties. Go under Advanced and set bHidden to False. Additionally, you could set DrawScale under Display to 3.0 to make them bigger. Do this for all the spawnpoints and you're done.

Of course, the easiest way is to play a map night after night with your clanmates and let them know the map simply by playing it a lot :)

Simply playing night after night is how many clans does it, but playing the map and seeing the spawnpoints will make the process of getting spawns down take way less time, think how fast you learn where weapons and pickups are, now imagine how long that would take if you could not see them ;)

Also when playing on ladders/cups etc.. you often have very little time to get some practice in on a map you don't play much, many clans will challenge on a map by looking at your match history and picking a map you never play, sneaky basterds hehe

Thanks all, off to the editor I go :)

fresh&minty

lollerbater
Mar 30, 2005
I know it's been brought up on gameamp to add show spawns (ala quake3 cpma) to utcomp warmup, don't know what was said though.

chu::LOB::

Nov 22, 2004
Heyas - thanks for this mut - couple of questions

I installed it and reset the server.
The mut is turned on in WebAdmin.
Going in game (utcomp 1.6 antitcc118h on the server) I don't see any outlines (neither in warmup nor game)

are there a series of conditions that need to be met for this to work? I didn't see any data written to the ut2004.ini

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Replication to clients needs to be added. That's why Rachel's aiming mutator doesn't work online either.

I_LoveToKill

Danish Bastard!
Nov 11, 2001
Denmark
Azura said:
Replication to clients needs to be added. That's why Rachel's aiming mutator doesn't work online either.

Target Practice does work online, just not the stat things, but you can still change between the aim modes and see when you hit the targets, I have it working on our servers.

@ Radiosity, can't wait :)