No UT in 2005

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
Contrary to recent reports from some online retailers showing an "Unreal Tournament 2005" due for release late this year, BeyondUnreal has obtained confirmation from Epic's new publisher Midway Games that...

There will be NO UT title shipped in 2005

Nevertheless, with UT2004's army of stellar mods, Unreal Championship 2 due next month, Pariah coming in May and Gears of War rumored to be an Xbox 2 launch title, Unreal fans should have plenty to occupy themselves with for the next 12 months!

*gR*

UT>*
Jul 13, 2004
somewhere...
www.fng-community.com
_39065561_saed203ap.jpg

Eyegore

=================
Sep 4, 2001
Hanover
Actually, I'm kind of glad. I'll get to save 50 bucks this year and can get away without having to upgrade my comp for another year.

Man, having kids sure puts a damper on computer upgrades! I have to buy new shoes for these 2 kids like every 2-3 months and let me tell you the kind of upgrades I could make with that money!!

SyK0

Feb 1, 2004
ya im kinda happy to for the same reason as u.. the extra cash and not having to worry about upgreading my PC.. :lol:

W00t 100th post :rockon: :crazydance: :eek:

SubCog

Sep 27, 2003
There's no reason why the community can't make a huge ut2k5 bonus pack. We'd just need a handful of new player models, a couple new weapons and gametypes, and a ton of new maps (I suppose somebody'd have to make a new single player mode too).

My vote for the new gametypes would be UTXMP and fraghouse invasion, but also been awhile since somebody made a "capture the chicken" mode... :)

Oh yeah, getting rid of adrenaline would be good too.

P

P$yko

no need ut2005 !!!!!!!! This Unreal Its The best game And the peploe start to come play !!!!! the next unreal must out in 2008 unreal its the best game but nobobuddy because its big game!!! stay with this unreal!!!!!

P

P$yko

PLEASE UT

Saty With This Unreal fort 3 or 4 yrs plz!!! because waiting 4 mods .... :(

with 2004 we have all :)

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
EvenDarkerBOB said:
was this new info for anyone?

There were rumors on some sites that UT2k5 would be released at the end of 2005. In fact, I believe that one site actually had a pre-order set up.

Raptor emailed Epic/Midway and got verification.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Big surprise! :p

I'm just waiting for the gnomes to come and port UC2 to the PC while Tim Sweeney is sleeping at his desk. ;)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
How many more sequels can UT have anyway?

UT2005, eh... another so called possible ut title. But how much more can they (re)invent to keep the game entertaining and "fresh"...