INF Map Preview

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Silver_Ibex

Feb 27, 2001
Presenting “DM-INF-Rural Reload” a overhauled edition of the old “Tiger Hunt” map

As soon as the window decoration is coded, this map will be ready to ship.

Along with the dynamic window decorations, the other new improvements include...

Working doors in all the houses
More places to hide
More fields and crop rows
Utility poles along the road
New bushes that break up open lines of sight in high traffic areas

Any suggestions, or help with the code is welcome :D

Attachments

• RELOAD01.jpg
    RELOAD01.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 110
  • RELOAD03.jpg
    RELOAD03.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 102
  • RELOAD04.jpg
    RELOAD04.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 92
  • RELOAD06.jpg
    RELOAD06.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
Hum....yummy: My favourite map gets a new face. NICE! Cannot wait for a download link.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
I think a lot of people will go 'Yay!' :)

This map never really grew on me because i'm not a sniper or scope guy and end up dead most times. So i'm hoping you're adding a lot more cover / bushes etc without harming fps too much.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
Well, YAY ! I can't wait to see it.
Will you be releasing it as a beta first ?

Silver_Ibex

Feb 27, 2001
If your system can play UT2k4, this map should run, I would be surprised if it didn’t.

I am using the location markers and foot sounds from Tiger Hunt V2

With the added stuff I hope to have more of a balance between CQB and sniping.

When I get a decoration that showers shiny glass when broken, and changes height location when grabbed, the map will be made available for testing.

I know the sheet fences took a lot of flack for being walk through, at first glance having blocking fences sounds like a good idea.

But with the UT engine and Inf, walk through was actually the best and most realistic way to go, so I will now address the point here.

The fences are intended only as a visual cue to indicate farmland, they are not the Berlin wall :D.

Farm fences tend to be about three feet to four feet tall light fencing, attached to four to five foot tall posts, hardly an insurmountable impediment to trained soldiers, let alone the average farm hand.

If the fences where solid, that would mean BSP problems in a map that already treads precariously near BSP holes :D (I already have had to remove the underground bunker tunnels, which solved a lot of BSP problems, they where not much use as they where)

Also if the fences where solid, players would perch atop the wire like birds, to gain a better view over nearby shrubbery (would be humorously surreal).

Now imagine in such a big map running out of enough stamina to jump above knee height, the player would be stuck staring over the pasture fence like a dumb cow, chewing the cud till their stamina returned (its frustration I think players would rather do without).

Cleeus[JgKdo]

because respawns suck
Jun 8, 2002
Germany
www.cleeus.de
no, please not another EAS vs. TDM vs. DTAS discussion

silver ibex, could you give please give us some time for betatesting? A few weeks, maybe more. We all have much stuff to do in december.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
The map looks much better now, great so far. The newer one indeed has a lot of lag. Do the windows alone cause that?
My athlon 2400+ and 9800pro get 15 frames avg in the 'newer' version. The 'old' reworked one is fine and smooth.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Cleeus[JgKdo] said:
no, please not another EAS vs. TDM vs. DTAS discussion

silver ibex, could you give please give us some time for betatesting? A few weeks, maybe more. We all have much stuff to do in december.
I am not discussing TDM vs EAS vs DTAS, i am only questioning this map's greatest potential.

Silver_Ibex

Feb 27, 2001
No rush on the testing, I have some other stuff I also need to do :) if it gets put on a server let me know.

Yes it is the new windows that is causing the lag, for each tick of game time, each window does a radius check to see if any nearby actor is grabbing, which is fine for one or two Claymores, but just was not the way to go with the windows.
They really need to be made a subclass of the Inf decoration class, since its Grab function is handled by the player pawn.

As for EAS, any suggestions for objectives?

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
First of all, very good job on the revamp, it looks really good. Might very well be my next favorite map, depending on how it plays.
With the changes you've made, it will certainly be played very differently than tigerhunt, with much less possibilities of sniping (which is not always good). In fact i even think a server could have both in rotation *hint hint*, as they will probably have different gameplays.
Anyway, here's a few comments about things that could be improved IMO :
- the 'new' version lags too much IMO, i'd say stick with the 'old' one. Plus, being able to open windows is not really important i think, as long as you still can shoot them...
- i've noticed that you didn't add location markers in the new wheat fields, maybe you should copy-paste the ones i've already placed (of course you'll have to change the location name to the correct area name). I could do it if you don't want to bother.
- some trees suffer from the famous 'black tree syndrom' ;) (see attached pic). I also noticed it in the old version of tigerhunt, it usually happens when the bottom of the tree goes too deep into the floor. When some parts of a deco interfere with a solid brush, it prevents the deco from being lit, that's what's happening here.

Attachments

• Shot0006.jpg
    Shot0006.jpg
    375 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Silver_Ibex

Feb 27, 2001
Will look into the dark tree quirk :D

Updating the location markers is last on the list since location details may change.

Missing some needed packages for Brikby such as
GROZSND.uax
And an attack chopper one also so far, may be more.