FluXs Thoughts - 4th Oct 2004

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
This place seems a bit old at the momment and as more people seem to visit here then the IRC I thought I should put down my thoughts as of what we are doing; well my real thoughts are for this girl, but hey :mwink:

This Week University starts back up, but I have been blessed with only a full Monday (10:00am - 5:00pm) and a early morning start for a Tuesday Morning Lesson + a slot for a meeting about a project I do.

This means the rest of the week so far is free :) I intend to get a hold of Spec_X this week so we can talk and deceide whats next for DA2. Currently we are going to be looking for coders and also writing up some "spec" sheet for what needs to be coded...

Also after playing DA:UT for a while this week with fellow DA'arians I feel the game is still rather unfinished and buggy... this may be due to the Community Edition folks but hey... its cool what they did... Im still thinking along a few paths as regard to DA:UT

- Update / Redo some old DA:UT maps and re-release them.

- Grab some people to work on DA:UT v1.8 for bug fixing and bot support. Also if we update v1.8 it will allow us to alter the setting of DA:UT to fit better into the storyline of DA2...

- Create some of the CLASSIC DA:UT maps for DA2... eg

DAC-DDAY, DAC-Egypt etc (DAC = DA Classic) and have a map list dedicated to Classical gameplay :)

I hope to follow all these paths.

Here endeth my mind.

So anyone who wishes to help code for DA:UT or anyone who helped on DA:CE wake up :)

For anyone else: We released the DA:UT v1.6 Source Code so its out there for people to play with...

Last edited:

Cribban

Aug 14, 2004
start on DA UT again??? COME ON PLZ :(

besides with the new site launch (with looks really cool) cant u make us that video I have been screaming on about for around 2 months now? ;)

Thejackal

El Jacko
Mar 15, 2002
England
www.uffclub.com
DA2 will still carry on, theres no harm in playing around with DA:UT, cause remember not everyone will have UT2004.. and anyway itl give a nice publicity boost to get more people here if we do :p

MaCuZ

God
Mar 25, 2002
Ze netherlendz
classic da wont attract a lot of people if u re-release. c'mon face that. But a part of meh mind is thinking do it, cos i recently started playing UT again (at school actually, cos i aint got any other **** to do behind that freagin computer) so that would be pretty cool.

But imo, the only way to attract people to play classic da, is to make a good offline mode. With supporting bots. But this would require new actors in maps for mguns, ammoboxes and stuff so that would be a pretty big re-release.

my thoughts end here :)

Thejackal

El Jacko
Mar 15, 2002
England
www.uffclub.com
Thejackal said:
DA2 will still carry on, theres no harm in playing around with DA:UT, cause remember not everyone will have UT2004.. and anyway itl give a nice publicity boost to get more people here if we do :p

nobodys saying abandon DA2 fix DA:UT then come back later to pick up the peices

{UFF}HAMMERSTIEN

EEK THE SEA IS FULL OF FISH CRAP
as there is very few da fans and there is know real news or progress!!! won't be wasting resources + alot of players are still playing hl which is even older than ut in look and fell and mods r still comeing out 4 that even though u will be able 2 get hl2 soon. So why not patch up da to get rid of all the bugs and get some news out !!!! better Than know NEWS At all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!