UTXMP HUD

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IndianPsycho

Feb 17, 2004
www.free-monkey.com
What do you guys think of this hud instead (over the previous HUD):

(Click for larger version)
[screenshot]http://www.bart.ahk.nl/ut2k4/modstuff/utxmp/other/HUD_V2_5.gif[/screenshot]

Basically we've taken all the suggestions in the previous thread(s) and tried to implement them as we thought was best.
It's ready to be put in game, we just don't want to waste time on it like we did last time, until we're sure people like it ;)

Note that this screenshot shows everything that can be on screen, in game it won't all be on screen at the same time, ofcourse.

Last edited:

trogetta

XMP Beta Tester
Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
good, however, I got 2 suggestions...move ammo/clips to where it currently says the players in the vehicle..and move the player/vehicle and names beside the personal score. I just find the ammo/clip works better in the top right.

Btw, any chance a semi customizable hud could be done..like that was in UT2004Troopers?

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
It is a lot better than the hud that was done before... but i have the following suggestions...

• option to use original style hud that better shows team colors
  • health, ammo, shield, and etc i personally like having on the upper left corner.
  • location just below the radar
  • move the radar to bottom center of the screen.
  • option to remove the bars used for health, ammo, clip, and shields.
  • Option to have a light hud in game... a light hud consits of the following...
    • text only read out for all bars. with all bar info in the upper right corner.
    • text only read out for generators... example, with reading that are helped with color... 1/1/2

punk84

you're better off without me
Aug 23, 2004
Florida
Can we have a choice between the two Huds in utXmp, or would it be too time consuming to make both? Becuase I liked the first one you made. The arti and energy pics were large and easy to see. :)

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
I must say that looks like it'll be near-perfect. Very nice work. A few questions however: 1. Will there be a red team version of it? 2. Will there be icons of the different deployables next to the team energy bar? 3. I'm kinda confused as to reason behind the coloring of the health, shield, ammo and clip bars.

Last edited:

iddQd

Yours truly
Dec 26, 2001
Sweden
Mucho liky, but if youve already gotten far with the other one, get both in.. Im sure there are a few that likes the curves more than this simplicity.

One thing, why these yellow and orange. Health should be orange and armor blue... and ammo green like the stations! Otherwise theyll just get mixed up... and where are you gonna put out the object icons so we know whats working? Im sure there's space, just wanna see them there...

Last edited:

hoak

Aug 6, 2002
Meee Like'em ver much! While I would prefer it was even more compact using this approach or offered an option to switch art off -- as long as there's transparency as an option this is a huge leap and improvement from either previous HUD!

:clap: :D :D :D

Reeps

Severe thumbs up (y)
Sep 2, 2003
WI
Visit site
I do indeed like this one a lot :)

Only suggestion I can make, documenting it here for now. Is perhaps making the health + ammo + sheild the color the power station.

So Health = Orange (as is)
Ammo = Green
Shield = Light Blue

I think that would give it a better quick glance feel...

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
Jaspeer said:
I do indeed like this one a lot :)

Only suggestion I can make, documenting it here for now. Is perhaps making the health + ammo + sheild the color the power station.

So Health = Orange (as is)
Ammo = Green
Shield = Light Blue

I think that would give it a better quick glance feel...

That sounds good. Will both the clip and ammo count bars be green though? Or slightly different shades of green?

hoak

Aug 6, 2002
I was going to try and resist more suggestions -- but can't! :D One thing that can make all your background art (or at least a significant part of it) mopre functional is to use the art itself to convey information. For example: the background art becomes the damage HUD element, removing or mirroring the bar and changing color as you take damage, and perhapes even flashing when you are getting critical.

:)

BaRrOw

DA HOOCH!!
Jan 23, 2004
www.dark-democracy.com
Looks much more intuitive than the previous desgin, thanks for being flexible. :)

If I were to add any constructive criticism upon what Jasper had said (health/shield sharing the same colors as clip/ammo is not very on-the-fly friendly), would it look any better with the weapons selection shifted to the left side? I merely suggest this as, in your diagram your radar takes up more room than your death spam, and as such it may feel less crowded to move your weapons to the screen side containing (slightly) less HUD.

Either way, much better.

trogetta

XMP Beta Tester
Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
I figured I was being a bit vague..so I decided to alter it a little bit in Photopaint just to get an idea of how I personally would like it...dunno if anyone else here will agree with me..but what the hey

Attachments

• xmphud.jpg
    xmphud.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 205
Status
Not open for further replies.