Regarding July04 update

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UltraNew-B

UnWheel Team
Feb 22, 2003
Your Subconscious
Visit site
Hey guys !

I know how to and am willing to help convert your models to S-vehicle format. The news post mentioned you were looking for someone. It's really quite an easy procedure.

P.S - UWRC-Colorado has been updated to accomodate bots, but performance plunges badly with any more than 1 vehicle. Once S-Vehicles are in place. I'll release it then. :eek:

Last edited:

UltraNew-B

UnWheel Team
Feb 22, 2003
Your Subconscious
Visit site
So this is a yes to start converting or shall I wait for final confirmation from shrimp first? ;)

I can start right away. The models can be exported as they are and re-assembled in max no problem, so basically once i get the "Official OK" i'll start. :)

I have a question regarding the vehicle scaling. The issue is, in S-vehicles, ut player models are able to sit in the vehicle and steer etc.The current vehicles are about 5 times bigger than normal ut vehicles. Do you guys wanna scale the vehicles to correct size (smaller), meaning all maps would need to be scaled down....OR can you somehow scale the player models UP to fit properly in the vehicles?

The latter would be much less work ;)

Last edited:

stevenhorton

Not of this World
Jan 9, 2004
Central USA
home.mchsi.com
UltraNew-B, your comment, "The current vehicles are about 5 times bigger than normal ut vehicles" isn't correct. I have a map that I am working on that I removed all the UnWheel actors, changed the name and default gametype to ONS, and added my car. The scale was almost identical. My car is 140 UU long.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
yay! Are we going to see a working version soon then!!! :)
I need to try this game MP! :D
(it'd be nice if the next version didnt share keys with UT - as I have to re-map everytime I use unwheel...)

Last edited:

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
|dub| said:
yay! Are we going to see a working version soon then!!! :)
I need to try this game MP! :D
(it'd be nice if the next version didnt share keys with UT - as I have to re-map everytime I use unwheel...)
if you exe installed go start -> programs -> blag -> Play UT2004 (custom user config)

This will store your new keybinds in UnWheel.iniand won't mess with your normal game

UltraNew-B

UnWheel Team
Feb 22, 2003
Your Subconscious
Visit site
OK.I have converted the nassau vehicle over to s-vehicle format. I have a question for the team.

Do you guys want the UT2K4 player models to be visible inside the vehicles when playing?

If so, then some of the vehicles (nassau for eg.) will need some minor work to get the insides of the vehicles up to par (fixing window textures to transparent, adding steering wheel, adding seats in some cases, etc).
All models would also need a destroyed version as well for some cool looking explosions. I can make the minor alterations and wrecked versions of cars if you want them. So let me know a.s.a.p. :)

If someone was really ambitious and knew how to model players, we could could have custom player models with helmets etc, instead of the default UT2K4 charachters driving the vehicles. :)

P.S - Steven, I was exaggerating slightly when I said scale was 5 times larger. There is a slight scale difference indeed. ;)

Last edited:

stevenhorton

Not of this World
Jan 9, 2004
Central USA
home.mchsi.com
Ok UltraNew-B, I stand corrected:) I took a screenshot showing the mesh of the Siren next to the Viper, the Siren is scaled 1.5X, so there is a significant difference between KVehicle and SVehicle. I am guessing the Siren size is correct because of the bot fitting in the vehicle.

Attachments

• KvsSVehicleSize.jpg
    KvsSVehicleSize.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 22

UltraNew-B

UnWheel Team
Feb 22, 2003
Your Subconscious
Visit site
Update:

The Nassau vehicle is now converted to s-vehicle format and is ingame. I had to add a steering wheel and fix the texture (add alpha) and fix the uvw map up a bit. The headlights and brake lights still need to be added. The vehicle had to be scaled down 30% to correctly accomodate ut2k4 player models. So, this means that UnWheel vehicles are close to 30% larger than ut2k4 vehicles. :eek:

NassauPic01.jpg

P.S - I will be needing a place to upload all these files. :)

Last edited:

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
yay we have to rescale all our maps, thank god for the scale map tool!

Bu it will allow the cars to go faster if they are smaller so that is a bonus.

UltraNew-B

UnWheel Team
Feb 22, 2003
Your Subconscious
Visit site
OK, message recieved jerdaygo. Thank you kindly.

Does the Unwheel team have an IRC channel? It could make communicating MUCH easier. IRC rooms are quite popular among gamers in particular, cause they can hook up, plan and play games realtime. Very convenient all round for the team and community alike, and most importantly, it's free to set up and use. If you do consider it, I would reccomend the gamesnet.net, very popular IRC master server among gamers. :D

Last edited:

jerdaygo

How jerdaygo?
Jan 10, 2004
USA
UltraNew-B said:
OK, message recieved jerdaygo. Thank you kindly.

Does the Unwheel team have an IRC channel? It could make communicating MUCH easier. IRC rooms are quite popular among gamers in particular, cause they can hook up, plan and play games realtime. Very convenient all round for the team and community alike, and most importantly, it's free to set up and use. If you do consider it, I would reccomend the gamesnet.net, very popular IRC master server among gamers. :D

we mostly talk on ms messenger, I will PM you my id.