Support BU: POP Email Accounts

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

QAPete

Chief Muckety Muck
Aug 17, 1999
Pottstown, PA, USA
www.beyondunreal.com
One of the easiest and least expensive ways you can help support BeyondUnreal is through the purchase of a BeyondUnreal POP Email account. With all of the spam and viruses kicking around, there's never been a better time to consider hooking up with BU in this way. For a measly $12 US per year, here's what you get:

A 24x7 POP (receive only) email account that works seamlessly with your SMTP (send only) server from your ISP. Our uptime over the past year easily exceeded 99.5%.

Spam blocking/filtering via Realtime Blackhole Lists, spam IP banning, procmail rules and SpamAssassin, the most popular open-source spam filtering solution.

Full-time virus scanning via ClamAV, an open-source virus scanner that works in conjunction with our qmail-scanner. The virus definitions are updated hourly.

Currently, BeyondUnreal blocks over 80% of incoming mail, as it's spam or virii. Here's a real-time chart of the virii that BU POP Email account holders don't have to deal with (chart shows virii blocked per five minutes):

So, instead of dealing with massive amounts of spam and virus-laden emails, support BeyondUnreal by purchasing a BU POP Email account today! You'll help us, we'll help you!

Zenny

I'm gonna steal your girlfriend.
Mar 14, 2003
Washington DC
For everyone that has a @beyondunreal.com account already, let me ramble about how you can filter messages SA thinks is junk. SA adds two mail headers to every email, those two headers are: X-Spam-Status and X-Spam-Level. X-Spam-Status will always contain either a "Yes" if the message is considered spam, or a "No" if it is not. It also contains the score the email recieved next to the required score to be marked as spam. (In case you didn't know, SA evalutes emails and assigns them a score, if they are above a certain number - they are marked as spam) . X-Spam-Level contains a precentage representation of "how spam like" this message is, it will always look something like this "++++"

Now, how can you filter these messages out? It's pretty simple, actually.

• In Thunderbird
    • Go To: Tools >> Message Filters
    • Create New Filter
    • Name The Filter "Junk"
    • Select "Match all of the following"
    • In the white box below, select "To contains you@beyondunreal.com"
    • Hit "More"
    • In the newly created select box, select "Customize"
    • Type in "X-Spam-Status" and then hit add
    • Enter "X-Spam-Status contains Yes"
    • Under Preform these Actions
    • Check "Move" and put the directory as the junk folder.
    • Hit Enter
  • In Outlook Express
    • I can't figure out how to filter based on X-Spam-Status in MSOE, if any of you know how, please post

B

blindwitheax

when there is some viri for linux let me know. ill just click your ads when i see interest.

QAPete

Chief Muckety Muck
Aug 17, 1999
Pottstown, PA, USA
www.beyondunreal.com
Well, I run a Linux desktop too, and I gotta tell you, I'm sick of downloading 50 Windows virii-laden emails every day. After we put in ClamAV, that number dropped to zero.

It's like a breath of fresh air.

Pete
-BeyondUnreal

B

blindwitheax

a tip for all you windows users, dont open attachments and dont buy **** from spam.