UT2004 Custom Player Models

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
Tired of looking at Lenny and Beyonce?

I sure was, so I installed a bunch of custom skins and models for UT2k4Demo, and most of them work. And if your buddies/clanmates have them installed, you'll all be able to see them.

Almost all custom models work, because they don't really need anything from the game to work. A good example of this is Bender or Massacre(and excellent model :D ). Both these models also have teamskins. :)

Additionally, most skins that use the Human Male or Human Female model as a base will work as well. A good example of a skin would be Harley Quinn, because she has awesome teamskins.

Here is a list of models/skins that I have tried and know that work. Feel free to add your own, and don't forget to link 'em!

Massacre - TEAMSKINS INCLUDED!

Harley Quinn - TEAMSKINS INCLUDED!

Lucifer - TEAMSKINS INCLUDED!

Antix - Awesome model, TEAMSKINS INCLUDED!

Elvis! - TEAMSKINS INCLUDED!

Gumby

Teddy

*EDIT* Badger Badger doesn't work

Mudrock - Cool Mech/Gundam looking model. One of my favorites.

Osama bin Llama - HILARIOUS model, I highly recommend.

Comic Pack 1 - Batman, Spiderman, Green Lantern, Wolverine and others... Awesome pack. :tup:

That should get you started. Trust me, it's a lot cooler watching Spiderman carry your flag or blow up a power node. :)

Attachments

• Shot00003.jpg
    Shot00003.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 96
  • Shot00004.jpg
    Shot00004.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 108
  • Shot00005.jpg
    Shot00005.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
They look kinda funny driving though, since they don't have a default "driving" position. :lol:

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 177
  • manta.jpg
    manta.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 291

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
ROFL ... what's Harlequin doing there ?

Does that happen to models that use the standard animation-sets ? :(

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
I doubt it. Anything rigged to the standard game models will take all their animations from those models, and obviously those models all have the correct anims. It's only models that use custom anims that'll need new anims created and re-released.

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
Unfortunately that skin doesn't work Renegade. :(

Gibbz, that's an awesome model man, I use it all the time when I play DM. :tup: Unfortunately there aren't any team skins for it, or else I would use it all the time. Wanna make a red and blue version? ;)

Also, I'm gonna recommend another cool model.

Elvis has entered the game! - Pimpin Teamskins Included!!! :D

becoming i

Registered abUser
Aug 15, 2003
Visit site
spineblaZe said:
Tired of looking at Lenny and Beyonce?
:lol: :lol:

spineblaZe said:
Trust me, it's a lot cooler watching Spiderman carry your flag or blow up a power node.

:D Very true! The custom models I have installed make the demo an even a better experience. Everyone needs these! Just imagine an onslaught team made up of Gumby, Elvis, Osama, and Lucifer. I don't think life could get any better than that..........ok so maybe I should unplug for awhile. :D

In any case, DOWNLOAD THEM!!!!

or spineblaZe will kill you :)

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
Bender does work, but I am not sure about the voice pak. I will be sure to test it and let ya know. becoming_i installed both Homer models, and said they worked also, although he didn't mention anything about the voice paks...

becoming i

Registered abUser
Aug 15, 2003
Visit site
I haven't installed any of the voice packs. If they were included with the original install, then no they don't work.

OMGhi2PSP in 6 days!!!!!

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
Hey becoming i, take a look at the screenshots in my first post.. See where it says "Voice Type?" Try change it and see if Homer is listed...

becoming i

Registered abUser
Aug 15, 2003
Visit site
Ah, I have homer2003 and christmas homer. SkinCity has three total homers (homer2003, homer, and christmas homer). I only downloaded the two aforementioned.

[EDIT] To blaze: k, hold please:)

Last edited:

becoming i

Registered abUser
Aug 15, 2003
Visit site
I probably need fix some stuff, but here is what I found:

1. The Bender model works. Hitting a key bound to say 'affirmative' results in him speaking as Bender. Jumping and getting hit by enemy fire results in a default voice making the appropriate sounds.

2. The Homer2003 model works. All sounds made are default voices and a 'Homer' voice doesn't show up in the 'Voice Type' drop down box.

3. The Christmas Homer pic shows up in the list of characters, but doesn't show up in the game. The voice is also default.

The Warden

this is usually where youll find me
Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
for some of us with Custom models installed, if it uses the bot.UKX you MAY not be able to join a server online. if this happens switch to a default skin or a model that uses a default animation. I usually get a black screen.