Ninjin's SKINS (compilation)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ninjin

The Franco-Japanese Carrot
Feb 24, 2001
Dalhousie Univ., NS, Canada
Tiger Stripe Urban (preview)

actually, this is more or less the preliminary of the Genocide-Force edition camo.
most likely will be done by then end of the week. (i added the goggles because i like them :p )

edit: the camo has been completed and you can dl off the last post made by me

Attachments

• genforce1.jpg
    genforce1.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 162
  • genforce2.jpg
    genforce2.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 111
  • genforce3.jpg
    genforce3.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 119
  • genforce4.jpg
    genforce4.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
I like the prelim edition camo. It looks badass!

--I have a request. That you do some camos based on popular maps and try to match the camo to a predominant texture in the level. Then the camos could actually blend it. I think it would be fun to play with camos that worked really well.

ninjin

Feb 24, 2001
blurry as in pics themselves or the goggles? if its the pics, its because the first few were taken at 16bit colors, but my last 2 (skyblue and tigerstripe) where taken at 32bit colors on high and high.
if its the goggles... i dont really know... :(

ninjin

Feb 24, 2001
Real life is taking its toll with assignments and a midterm (already! :eek: ) at the end of the month so i'll have to delay the TigerStripeUrban skin by a bit.
About the skins based on popular maps, as you know, i havent been around much since late april since i've returned to japan, and now that i am back, i did notice a decline in the community so would people be kind enough to recommend popular maps nowadays?

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
keihaswarrior said:
--I have a request. That you do some camos based on popular maps and try to match the camo to a predominant texture in the level. Then the camos could actually blend it. I think it would be fun to play with camos that worked really well.

It can be fun if it is what i think i understood .
Are you talking about something like this quick screenshot edit ?

Attachments

• testin.jpg
    testin.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 168

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
FieldMedic said:
It can be fun if it is what i think i understood .
Are you talking about something like this quick screenshot edit ?
lol, nice photoshopped camo. Ya, that is basically what I was talking about. To make it easy, you could mainly do camos based on textures used in the official maps, since they reuse the same textures.

Popular Maps that could use good camo:
DesertTactics, ExtremePrejudice, TigerHunt, Scramble2003, Kosovo (day and night), Nightwater, Dogtown, Azteca, Macedonia

--The camo would be more effective if used on a map that consists of the same colors throughout (like DesertTactics, Dogtown, Tigerhunt, Macedonia, etc.) That way, the camo would blend in better throughout the level

MunkE

Complete ****ing loon
Apr 26, 2000
the bad side of Hell
asuka.norfair.org
question tho. I'm not really hip to my camos, but do Military forces have that much flexibility in their camoflage? When the US forces hit baghdad they were still wearing their desertwear which isn't really conducive for city fights and all that...I was jsut thinking that there might be times when you just can't have good camos...I dunno I'm an idiot at this stuff, so feel free to enlighten or belittle me.

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
Have you seen all the camos that come with 2.9? There's a lot, so you should check them out.