Troopers: Dawn of Destiny demo released(d/l link here)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
Blah, I was at 92% when my OS crash. :/

[edit]Nice link flowboy, hit my max rate of 50kb/s. Gotta wait another hour though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
thewalkingman said:
Kudos to the team for recreating every scene in G.I. Joe cartoon where everyone is shooting lasers and nobody getting shot.
That's how it was in the movies, maybe they're trying to be realistic :D

Assymilator

No idea what to put here.
Feb 18, 2001
It's Not Atlanta, GA
Just finished playing it and I am going to uninstall it. It's a gigantic waste of time. Maps are boring, the HUD is way too big and intrusive, weapon models are weak, sounds are weak, and the biggest nugget of them all is that it took me 40 min. to download and 5 minutes of play time before I decided to uninstall it.

Last edited:

Mychaeel

Assymilator said:
4 different layouts and all 4 of them are too bulky and "intrusive".

Again, I didn't try it myself (yet), so I can just reiterate what I read in the feature list---but according to that you should be able to completely customize the HUD, including enabling/disabling individual elements, changing their position and their size individually.

The four layouts you're talking about are supposedly only preconfigured presets.

Last edited:

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
At least the voices are clearer than the default UT'03-voicepacks ...
The music is a bit too modern altough that can be fixed by converting the original movie-soundtracks to .ogg.

I haven't tried anything else though. I'm definitely going to look at it and see what it's like.

Swift Viper

Long live Xmas Xan Mark III(By Hyrulian)
I think I already have that map, but when I played it, I did not like the weapon layout.

As for Troopers itself, I hate the crosshair that dances around all over the place when I move. The models don't look that great, the music does not sound very Star Wars like (or maybe it does for die hard fans), and the lasers are too slow. I think the Troopers have better weapons then the other team and speaking of weapons, they all seem to work the same to me. Maybe I'll play it a couple more times before using the 2k3 uninstall menu. This is what happens when they rush something to get it out in time. It can however get better if they put some more work into it.

*Runs off back to other mods and waits for ChaosUT2 bug fix patch*