Connection problems

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2004
This is for the old patch

Ok, me and kirby were in there and the admin from rr showed up and banned everyone's ip from the server, then took rr off then the next day unbanned everyone and put the server back up but i can't get into it, i'm not banend or it would say i am, it just keeps loading (everyone else can get in fine now and the all seeing eye says 9999 ping aswell as 7710's online list and 6497's list), it did this to me months ago for a few months then let me in somehow so i was just wondering if i should e-mail the admin what the problem is or if there is another way to get in there. I still go in there cuz i still teach in there if i'm not being called an aimbot/stamina/jump h4x0r!...besides, i have gotten people playing 7710 who were on the old patch and the more the better ;)

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
(GR)Killer said:
This is for the old patch

...it just keeps loading (everyone else can get in fine now and the all seeing eye says 9999 ping aswell as 7710's online list and 6497's list)

I have big problems with connecting to RR. I use q-tracker, and it informs me that RR has a much larger ping than any other server for where I live. Chances are, the 9999 ping is because pinging is timing out. I'm not sure why it doesn't connect when you try to join, though, since if you could before you should be able to now.
Have you seen the connection optimization thread? Take some tips out of there and see if things improve.

Mar 6, 2004
dutch_gecko said:
I have big problems with connecting to RR. I use q-tracker, and it informs me that RR has a much larger ping than any other server for where I live. Chances are, the 9999 ping is because pinging is timing out. I'm not sure why it doesn't connect when you try to join, though, since if you could before you should be able to now.
Have you seen the connection optimization thread? Take some tips out of there and see if things improve.

Thx i'll check it out if i can find it

Yes, rr is Japan (i can get 100 ping when u click f1 because im sorta near Japan...BC!!!!)

edit- can't find it...btw dutch what username did you use on rr? and qtracker just says new server and that's all.

Last edited:

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
(GR)Killer said:
Thx i'll check it out if i can find it

Yes, rr is Japan (i can get 100 ping when u click f1 because im sorta near Japan...BC!!!!)

edit- can't find it...btw dutch what username did you use on rr? and qtracker just says new server and that's all.

I don't log into RR at all. I get about 400+ ping from it! Q-tracker takes a couple of seconds before it pings the server list, and it can time out occasionally.
If you ever see me on a server I'm currently ~DW~Gecko.

Mar 6, 2004
I now have a bigger problem then only rr...now instead of 1 server being 9999 ping i have atleast 12 for some reason and now 2 of the 9999 ping servers are the one's i play on(nbk chicago and rr) meaning i have 1 left and thats erver don't come on now...my xmp time is slowly being stripped away from me :mad:

Last edited:

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
Perhaps the server is just down. Is standard internet browsing still just as speedy as it used to be? It sounds a little like your main connection is slowing. Try downloading a file from a big website that you know has good download speeds (something like Yahoo etc), and check if you're getting the speed you expect.

-{SC}- Renamon

BigHead Bot Master
Jul 27, 2004
Oh noes, teh buttahfly now left the gate to 7710 open and now everyone is starting to spew out from there!

I got tired of that crap and went to 7710 with smelly permantly, as we won't get away from you elites.

Status
Not open for further replies.