JB-Divergence (formerly JB- ...noname)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hazel.H

Jan 15, 2004
Vatcilli zeitchef said:
Nice layout you got there.
Can you please tell me how you managed
to change the .sm3 file to OGG the one I'm
using can only convert wav and mp3.
I used Modplug Tracker to convert the .umx file to wav, and then GoldWave to convert the wav to ogg.

It's an alpha version because a lot of things aren't final or are unfinished (like lighting, decorations and pathing). Thanks G.Lecter, looking at those things now :) The teleporter at the escape route has a large radius that covers the whole ledge after the slope.

Hazel.H

Jan 15, 2004
Nearly ready to release the beta version but I still have that bug when the game ends. This error message appears in the server.log when I run a dedicated server if that helps. :(
Warning: Jailbreak JB-Divergence-Beta1.Jailbreak (Function UnrealGame.TeamGame.SetEndGameFocus:0181) Accessed None 'P'

Does anyone know how to change the direction of the mesh on a mesh emitter and make it unlit? I have some ships that fly through the skybox, they work fine except they're too dark and I'd like them to make some go the other way.

More Screenshots

Last edited:

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Hazel said:
This error message appears in the server.log when I run a dedicated server if that helps. :(
Warning: Jailbreak JB-Divergence-Beta1.Jailbreak (Function UnrealGame.TeamGame.SetEndGameFocus:0181) Accessed None 'P'

Weird.
I don't see how that function can produce a None, given the way it's coded.
Could you try with another map & see what happens?

Hazel.H

Jan 15, 2004
I played some other maps on and offline and they work fine. Could it be anything to do with the pathing? I had some errors about not being able to spawn at a particular playerstart, but it was probably just positioned wrong.

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
Hazel said:
Nearly ready to release the beta version but I still have that bug when the game ends. This error message appears in the server.log when I run a dedicated server if that helps. :(
This problems sounds simular to the ones we had with the early version of the ASVehicleFactory_SentinelCeiling_Proj.

In your map you use the standard ASVehicleFactory_SentinelCeiling. My guess is that if you replace them by the adjusted ASVehicleFactory_SentinelCeiling_Proj (according to Zed this is the correct version), or copy them out of maps like Snifam or Arboria, the end-of-game problem will be gone.

Last edited:

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
CoolDude said:
This problems sounds simular to the ones we had with the early version of the ASVehicleFactory_SentinelCeiling_Proj.

In your map you use the standard ASVehicleFactory_SentinelCeiling. My guess is that if you replace them by the adjusted ASVehicleFactory_SentinelCeiling_Proj (according to Zed this is the correct version), or copy them out of maps like Snifam or Arboria, the end-of-game problem will be gone.

/me thinks this check should be implemented in JB(debug)

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
The custom class ASVehicleFactory_SentinelCeiling_Proj could be included in jailbreak 2004c. That would make it easier for mappers to use it.

Vatcilli zeitchef, 'accessed none' messages are potentially dangerous, and any sort of warning in the log file shouldn't be ignored.

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
if so, what's up with all the 'Cant localize - UnrealGrrl.whatever sound' warnings? And does that have to do something with you hearing every announcement played for every player when watching a serverdemo?

Mychaeel

Vatcilli zeitchef said:
What is so bad about a message in the logfile?
"Accessed None" messages are a friendly pointer by the engine telling you there's a bug in your code which it gracefully handled by skipping over the offending statements -- in any other environment, you'd get a crash by GPF or segmentation fault.

In at least 50% of all cases, the engine's handling of an "Accessed None" bug is not what the programmer intended. Better look into your code, determine what you want it to do in case the object reference in question is "None," and implement an explicit check for that.

Jrubzjeknf said:
if so, what's up with all the 'Cant localize - UnrealGrrl.whatever sound' warnings?
Those are produced by the segmented speech framework locating samples. I'd love to shut them up just to keep the log clean (and avoid user questions about them), but that's not possible. Anyway, they're part of the process and don't hurt.

And does that have to do something with you hearing every announcement played for every player when watching a serverdemo?
I don't think so.

Last edited:

Hazel.H

Jan 15, 2004
JB-Divergence Beta 1

Thanks, I replaced the sentinels and it worked :D Here's the beta :)

jb-divergence-beta1.zip (8.3 MB)

Known Issues:
- There's no description, mini map or loading screen
- Spikes have no sounds, and sometimes don't get triggered when a bot is standing still
- Flying ships in the skybox look too dark and only go one way
- Still have to add custom reflective water texture and maybe some other details
- Framerates go low when looking from one end of the map to the other. I haven't done a lot of optimisation here (any chance zed can help me with antiportals again? ;) )

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
I expected more changes, but it's going well. :)
> Many things of my last comment still could be done here:
- Replacement of industrial textures.
- Liftjump from Shock room to the walkways in the Flak room.
- Layout changes in the switch area to make defenders feel not so safe...
> Indoors look awesome, however I think the outdoor areas still need more eyecandy (especially around the switch)
> 2 more things in pictures:
Keep working on it! ;)

Attachments

• Divergence1.jpg
    Divergence1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Divergence2.jpg
    Divergence2.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
This is really sweet. You really know how to set out a level nicely.
Looking really good and plays well too. Nice execution too

On stuff to be done:
Just add to the eye candy in some places and I can't really think of much else.

Aersik

Turbo charged pogo stick
Feb 9, 2005
The only exploits I could find you'd already spotted and stopped people xloccing to...but you'll need proper blocking volumes if you want to stop people shield jumping up there as well ;).

The only thing I'd suggest that hasn't been mentioned is making the jumppads to the supershield only carry you to the walkways below it naturally, requiring a double jump at its height or a weapon boost off the pad to reach the shield.

Attachments

• div1.jpg
    div1.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 20
  • div2.jpg
    div2.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 19
  • div3.jpg
    div3.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 21

Hazel.H

Jan 15, 2004
Thanks guys, here's an updated bug list:
- Blocking volume at the jail windows doesn't block projectiles.
- The hologram-screens have collision on.
- Bsp error (the first I had in this map and it appears in the beta version :mad: )
- A few dark plant meshes.
- Some pillars need blocking volumes at the top to stop you shieldjumping there (there are limitation volumes so you can't translocate)

G.Lecter said:
I expected more changes, but it's going well. :)
> Many things of my last comment still could be done here:
- Replacement of industrial textures.
- Liftjump from Shock room to the walkways in the Flak room.
- Layout changes in the switch area to make defenders feel not so safe...
> Indoors look awesome, however I think the outdoor areas still need more eyecandy (especially around the switch)
> 2 more things in pictures:
Keep working on it! ;)

What textures do you suggest? The building is meant to look like ancient architecture but more advanced. I chose those textures because they make the light and shadows show up quite well :)

Here's what I think about the switch layout:
If you stand near the edge you've got a better vantage point but it's higher risk because someone can easily shoot you off the edge with the shock rifle or rocket launcher. The player moving towards the lock may also have an advantage because they have more space to move around, while you're stuck on a little bridge. If you move closer to the ramps you're nearer to the pickups but less likely to see attackers. If you're above the archway you can probably watch both of the upper entrances but not the lower one at the same time. Two players could defend the lower corridor and upper room with the lightning gun but you've still got the same number of routes to cover (and needs some teamwork).

Vatcilli zeitchef

Dead and back
May 16, 2005
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
The updated buglist is completely different from the first.
does that mean the origional bugs are all fixed or are the problems
in both lists still there?

I'd better stop mapping. I obviously suck at it and won't get any
comment since there are much better maps out here
(this one for instance).

Last edited: