what do you use for your jump button?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ElectricHead

Feb 19, 2000
Visit site
Cyborg 3D Gold
Joyleft/right- Strafe
Joyfoward/back- Forward/Back(duh!)
Trigger- Primary Fire
Joy 2- Alt Fire
Joy 3- Jump
Joy 4- Crouch
HAT North- RocketLauncher
HAT South- MiniGun
HAT East- FlakCannon
HAT West- Redeemer

Kensington Expert Mouse PRO Trackball- FreeLook
Button 1- GEO Rifle
Button 2- PulseGUn
Button 3- ShockRifle
Button 4- Translocator
LaunchButton 1- Piston
LaunchButton 2- Enforcer
LaunchButton 3- Ripper
LaunchButton 4- ShowScore
LaunchButton 5- TossRelic
LaunchButton 6- FakeDeath

Trackball on left, Stick on right+ MiniGun= lots of dead people...:D

EH

ps....

Whats a dodge?:cool:

EH

cornman

Are you afraid of corn? You should be.
Nov 20, 2000
MB, Canada
Visit site
Originally posted by JJaX2001
Remember, Dont use someones controls just because they are good with them. Jsut sit down one day and fig out what buttons you need easy access to and the most efficient way to get to em. Took me a good week to fine tune my controls.

I totally agree, You can put the controls ANY way you want so experiment and keep tweaking/changing till you get what you want. My friend and I both use this...[4 button mouses/mice]lol

Left strafe-TAB
Right strafe-W
forward-Q
Back-A
crouch-D
Jump-Space
Pri-left mouse

Sec-Right mouse
Tele-mouse wheel DOWN
Change weapons-Mouse wheel up/down

cornman

Are you afraid of corn? You should be.
Nov 20, 2000
MB, Canada
Visit site
Originally posted by Hyrulian Hero (h.h.)
Anyone here have a good use for Crouch in UT?
I only found good uses in Unreal I.

When you encounter an enemy and you have the mini gun [close quarters]---crouch down and mini gun his balls! They die in a great deal of pain. Really, it usually works.

Another one is------Dodge, crouch, COMBO!!!!:shock:

Boricua_33015

Sep 17, 2000
Miami, Florida
wow, I use my second mouse button for jumping!! Looks like hardly neone uses that for jumping! Ive always used the same exact configuration for every FPS Ive had since my first one which was DOOM!! Ahh, the memories... O and, I know that there was no jump back then, but the first game Ive played that had jumping was Quake 2. Again, ahhh, the memories!!

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
cornman: Hmm. But I'll have to give up one of my taunt keys to get Crouch back =P

Boricua_33015: I used right-click for jump before too...but I found it faster to switch between normal and alt fire if they were both on the mouse. Plus it confused everyone who borrowed my computer to play UT on.

Buscemi

Lost and cannot be found
May 1, 2001
Far away from here
www.zombo.com

Often in CTF-Face when i'm in the middle and have the sniperrifle I duck before the path comes at it's highest point to take out some enemy's (you have to watch out for sniper tho)

Thinking about it, I only use crouch when using the sniperifle secondary.....

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl

I use crouch a lot to avoid headshots by snipers, its also nice to confuse someone when they follow u, run around a corner and immediately crouch 90% of the players will run past u.

Athlon_2o0o

Apr 17, 2001
Originally posted by 7thPixel
I use the gas pedal....

Oh, am I the only one that plays with the Logitech Steering Wheel???

whahaa is that meant seriously whaha, I can't imagine someone using a steering wheel. 'hey what you're doin'?'
"unreal tournament" "what?!?!?!!"

MatrixX

Brings Death To U
Jul 6, 2001
Visit site
Intella is cool

I use a intellemouse.

left-fire

right-secondary

wheel-swithch guns, role it down to go to smaller up for bigger, cool isnt it :)

right side button- jump

left side button- crouch

w- forward
s-bakcward
a-left
d-left

cool huh. I have da coolest mouse. Its one of those red eye things and its wireless. pefect for gaming. and I just got one of those high performance mouse pads.

I dont like using my keboard that much. Just like using keys to move and use my damn sweet mouse ;) Ill chat and taunts, wave on my keboard but playing wise, i like all the stuff in one place. and that place is my mouse :)

Peregrine

Death from above
Jan 16, 2001
Lake Erie Shoreline
www.gaihope.net
Originally posted by _Zd_MEELOBEE_

its also nice to confuse someone when they follow u, run around a corner and immediately crouch 90% of the players will run past u.

I guess I must be in the 10%. You'd be dead, I wouldn't be running past you. I love when my enemy crouches. He can't move as quickly and dies much faster.
Crouch is pretty useless to me, to me, although, I agree with Buscemi, though. It IS usefull at the top of that hill. Give the enemy less area to shoot at using the hill as cover. Some maps that have crates are good for a sniper to crouch behind as well. Pop up, fire a few rounds, duck down.

7thPixel

Dot Com CEO
Feb 15, 2000
www.7thPixel.net
Originally posted by Athlon_2o0o

whahaa is that meant seriously whaha, I can't imagine someone using a steering wheel. 'hey what you're doin'?'
"unreal tournament" "what?!?!?!!"

I even tweaked out my wheel for UT.. check it out!

ut_wheel.gif

Ph33R MAH L33T WH33L SK33LS

_Zd_Phoenix_

Queen of BuFdom
May 1, 2001
Over the street. With binoculars.
Visit site
primary fire: left mouse button
secondary fire: right mouse button
movement: arrow keys/mouse
taunts: 123456789 (keypad)
jump: control