Happy 6th Birthday UT!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Am I glad I don't have to join the "Omgosh I miss this teh classic gaem a lot lol been ages sniff sniff cry" crowd.

Still play it almost every day. Still download maps, mods etc.. because UT=Win. Oh sure, it's not perfect. I've realised this a long time ago.
It's a classic indeed. It deserves a place in the Hall of fame ^_-

Here's to another year of UT...

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Cheated? After a while it just ain't fun having an "aimbot" running around.
I've also lowered Loque's and lamertane's accuracy as well. Otherwise it just ain't fun...
They're still pretty good, but not dominant. Arachne/liche can whoop their ass into oblivion, if they want f.e.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
UT simply rocked! I also use to play it from time to time.

Hopefully UTR will be beleased soon :D

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Can't believe it's 6 years already...

Oh well, it amuses me that UT is still being played by more people than Quake 4, and that's by an almost 1:4 ratio :-D So much for being the "next big DM game" id.

See for yourself: http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/

We should get a special Retro FragBU session in for this!

Last edited:

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Ahh the memories of firing it up on a Pentium Pro 200MHz with 2MB video card... well perhaps I can forget about those and just enjoy what is still a kick-ass game :).

Hooray to all the mods, maps, mutators etc. that have been made over these years, it must be one of the biggest collections of creative ideas I have seen and has kept UT going long past it's sell-by date.

:cheers:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
I don't know about the accuracy, but I know I insanely made Loque and Tamerlane (known as Crimson Loque and Duke Tamerlane in my UT install) harder.

I don't have Unreal installed, but I do still have UT, UT2003, UT2004, UnrealII, UnrealIIXMP installed. Ooops, wait, I think the original Unreal may still be installed on my old computer.

How addicted am I? I still remember the date of my first UT install (June 4, 2000).;) Happy Birthday UT!!!

raziel31

Nov 25, 2003
South F.
Visit site
I dont like to play with cubes and 256² textures so...i dont have it installed on my HD and i dont play it.....welcome the future --->.....

Happy birthday anyway !!!

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
Six years? Hey, I still recall that game CD that came with a magazine, with demo's of Unreal Tournament (I didn't call it UT until much later) and quake 3. Those mutators...those nice, tweakable settings...those well-designed levels (Morpheus! Tempest! Coret! That domination thingy!). I would certainly miss it...if I didn't had other games to keep me busy

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
I still play every night practicly. I love UT better then k3 or k4.
Happy B Day UT!!!!!!!

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
raziel31 said:
I dont like to play with cubes and 256² textures so...i dont have it installed on my HD and i dont play it.....welcome the future --->.....

OH RLY? The game has evolved during the course of six years, you know...

Residual decay will take UT to another level, as far as I can tell...

catzenjaeger

Jun 4, 2003
www.pariahgame.de http
no comment :)

Fan1.jpg

Fan2.jpg

link to our hardcore unreal fan thread: www.ut2k7.de

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
Man there are so many good mods for UT too! Monsterhunt, AgentX (2.0, everything after that sucked) U4e, TacOps, Combat Zone, the list goes on and on OH Apocalypse Weapons were sweet too. God I think I'm going to have to visit modsquad RIGHT NOW.

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
I can't believe it is already 6 years that i play this masterpiece of gaming fun.

When i remember that i played it in Software render because my stupid i742 was unable to manage direct3d or opengl without melting, and that now with a better system, i continue to play it from time to time.

That's certainly one of the few arena shooting game the developers got totally right from day one.

Even now it is always pleasant to play despite technology monsters have arrived, this good old UT is proving that gameplay is always superior to technology advances.

The fact my favorite mod ever, Infiltration, was on UT is another sign of a great game.

Long live UT, always the best of the UT serie.