UT Runs Too Fast

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Adelheid

Bernstein
Jan 23, 2008
Nowhere.
No worries. I suppose I could re-install again under the faint hope that maybe there was a glitch in the last re-install.

Adelheid

Bernstein
Jan 23, 2008
Nowhere.
\o/ wewt \o/
I want to say a big thankyou to everyone for helping me :tup:
and being very patient with me :2thumb:
I will now have your babies :fluffle:

JCD

Mar 11, 2008
Unreal Engine 1 games all have this problem under (at least) Windows XP, with (but not necessarily limited to) multiple core processors.

The solution here is to get the game running on only one processor, or only one virtual processor.

You can download a program like "windowsxplauncher" that can force any application to run on whatever processors you want, or simiply CTRL-ALT-DEL, right click on the application and select "go to process", then right click again and set the affinity to only one processor.

I have to do this with Deus Ex. Because I bought it over steam I can't use winxplauncher, and instead have to do this manually every time. But the program works for UT.

Any other solution - as far as I'm aware - will not truly bring the game to normal speed.