Realistic mods for other games

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
More on OA. Not too good news i'm afraid..

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101409

Read the first post. Note point 6.
6. Why is it impossible for a trained soldier to slowly move around a corner and steady his weapon aim? Close quarter combat is still to clumsy. I press SHIFT to slow down and use 'a' or 'd' to strafe while looking down the sights, and my gun is bopping up and down, back and forth like being held by an epileptic soldier. Slow TACTICAL movement with constant eyes on target should really be possible, somehow. Your animation ist just totally overdone. It feels wrong and it is.

I am again (as I was with Arma1 and Arma2) stunned how a game developer cannot find this flaws when playtesting there own game. Seriously. This is the 4th generation of your game (not counting VBS)... You have all the shiny stuff in there, masterpiece of open world fun.
Yet you miss such most basic things.
I just cant comprehend.

-RoMe-infers

Nov 12, 2003
Paris
Visit site
OK, I have played and tested OA.

Bad news.
Stairs, doors, and basically any objects are still your worst enemys.

On a good note: Houses and doorway seems to be at a better scale to a soldier size, so it is a tiny bit easier to move inside house.

Overall, the game is still CQB unplayable. They didn't change anything in the collision system.........

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
OK, I have played and tested OA.

Bad news.
Stairs, doors, and basically any objects are still your worst enemys.

On a good note: Houses and doorway seems to be at a better scale to a soldier size, so it is a tiny bit easier to move inside house.

Overall, the game is still CQB unplayable. They didn't change anything in the collision system.........
Thanks. I think i will pass on OA.

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
About what I expected. They tried to build on an engine that is just too old.

STELLAR 7

Why the urge to improve yourself?
Nov 17, 2005
With the way you move zeep, flying would not be recommended AT ALL OH :p

GalZohar

Feb 27, 2008
Ramat Hasharon, Israel
Nobody makes anyone buy the DLC, you know. Operation Arrowhead is a great improvement over Arma 2 and is worth every $, and then there's ACE for OA if you want to improve realism even further.