Help with the maps that have .umx or other types

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

verynewguy!

Jan 5, 2002
Visit site
I'm not very computer literate and this is the first time I ever downloaded a map for UT. So, I'm wondering what you do with those types cause I always get a fail to launch URL thing. Non of my friends also got a solution for this coz we are not that smart and well you get the pic. :) SOOO please help coz the best maps come in that file type.

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Smart guy!! Doesn`t read the read-me`s!!!
The .utx files...copy and paste to the texture file
.umx files copy and paste to the music file folder
.uax files get copied and pasted to the sound folder
The map istelf goes in the map folder.
If you have anything else....more then likely it`s a MOD your adding and that stuff will/should go into the sytem folder.

UT map manager This tool will help install maps in your chach that you get from other servers too. It will install zipped maps on your desktop too!!
Just make sure that maps are the ONLY zips on your desktop when you run it!!!
Let us know if you get them working!!
.u

Rukee

May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Mabee I should be more direct.
Unzip the map you dnlded to a new folder on your desktop.
Then after it`s unzipped you open that folder....then with the folder open with all the goofy file types go to My computer and click explore....then click on what ever drive has UT installed....for most that will be the C drive. Click on "+" sign next to the drive....then click on the little "+" sign next to UT then highlight the map folder. Then go back to the open folder with the new map and right click on the map file...click copy....then right click the map folder in UT and paste to the map folder in UT. Do the same with the music, texture and sound files. Close all the windows and restart UT. Load a practice or multiplayer game and pick the new map from the map list.
Let me know if it works for you.

verynewguy!

Jan 5, 2002
Visit site
Gee tenx Rukie what would the world do without you!:p :) ;) Anywayz back there you mentioned godlike bots stay in a pack yas they do but they do seem stupid when it comes to assaultingsomebody using teamwork also they have atendency to blow up with each other:D

Rukee

May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Originally posted by verynewguy!
Gee tenx Rukie what would the world do without you!:p :) ;) Anywayz back there you mentioned godlike bots stay in a pack yas they do but they do seem stupid when it comes to assaultingsomebody using teamwork also they have atendency to blow up with each other:D

Make sure team damage is turned off.