Official Minecraft Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Holy ****?

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn2-d5a3r94[/m]

I haven't gone anywhere near Minecraft but I did see this a while back.
Nothing I've seen on this thread comes even close to the scale and quality of this creation - incredible.

Oh, and the video of the guy who burns his Minecraft house down is hilarious.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Hi all.

I've been talking with the other players on my server and I have decided to get a VPS for us. It'll run on donations from anyone who wants to donate, and I will cover the balance each month. With the VPS I am planning to rent we should be able to support at least 25 players at the same time. It won't happen for a few more weeks but I will let you guys know when.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Been exploring your most recent world regen and i've found this place;

[SCREENSHOT]http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=101411&stc=1&d=1288649595[/SCREENSHOT]
[SCREENSHOT]http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=101412&stc=1&d=1288649610[/SCREENSHOT]

I dumped down a warp point for it so "/warp mountains" if you're interested.

Attachments

• minetains01.jpg
    minetains01.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 283
  • minetains02.jpg
    minetains02.jpg
    439.1 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
These are the mods I have installed so far:

Autocart - Waiting on the post-Halloween update, but this one's essential to make minecarts and tracks worthwhile.
Risugami's Mods - Of those I have Elemental Arrows, More Stackables, More Worlds, Sign Tags and Death Chest.
Apple Trees - Not the version in the OP, but zc00gii's version (at the end of the thread as I post this).
Bookshelf Fix - Waiting on a Halloween update to this one as well.
Seronis' Mods - Of those I only have Tool Repair.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
These are the mods I have installed so far:

Autocart - Waiting on the post-Halloween update, but this one's essential to make minecarts and tracks worthwhile.
Risugami's Mods - Of those I have Elemental Arrows, More Stackables, More Worlds, Sign Tags and Death Chest.
Apple Trees - Not the version in the OP, but zc00gii's version (at the end of the thread as I post this).
Bookshelf Fix - Waiting on a Halloween update to this one as well.
Seronis' Mods - Of those I only have Tool Repair.

I use most of those mods. Another good one you should check out is the dual-compass mod. It replaces the compass with a better one that has two needles, one that points north and one that points to spawn.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
Stralsund.jpg

Stralsund2.jpg

Welcome Aboard. :)

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
New patch up so you might want to update the ol' server. :)

Patch notes said:
A whole pile of bug fixes in this one. There’s still a lot more to do, coming over the next couple of weeks or so.

General fixes:
* players and mobs in lava or fire no longer spam sound effects
* getting hit with a higher damage while recovering from a smaller one now works as intended
* lava flows further in the Nether
* zombie pigs eventually forgives
* added support for custom skin packs
* fixed duplicate buttons when resizing screens
* zombie pigs and ghasts no longer get hurt by fire or lava
* fixed volume sliders now saving properly

Multiplayer fixes:
* hellworld=true no longer overwrites old save chunks. Player positions will still break if you switch it on a running server, though
* boats are now visible to other players
* minecarts move nicer
* fishing kinda sorta works, but needs more work
* sheep and cows look like sheep and cows now
* buckets work now
* fixed stairs being really difficult to destroy
* increased the timeout before “Took too long to log in”
* made it possible to ride carts and boats
* added (after lots of work) the ability to steer server-side boats
* added “no-animals” setting. if true, animals will immediately vanish
* added support for more animation settings. Currently it’s just the “riding” animation, but the same system will be used for sneaking

To make a texture pack, make a zip file that contains the files you wish to replace, then place that zip file in the texture pack folder. There’s a handy button ingame to open that folder immediately.

If you place a “pack.png” file in the root of the zip file, it’ll show up as a preview icon. Please make sure it’s square, and of an even 2^x size. For example, 128x128 pixels.
If you place a “pack.txt” file in the root of the zip file, the first two lines will show up as a description for the texture pack.

Whilst i'm here is a shotty from my singleplayer attempt at growing a "mega-tree"
[SCREENSHOT]http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=101433&stc=1&d=1289424127[/SCREENSHOT]

Attachments

• yggrdrasil01.jpg
    yggrdrasil01.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 168